Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TVMovie/Miniseries Trivia

allaboutlana

The novelist behind this story was also one of the script writers. As mentioned, he had worked similar themes before. There were roman la clef elements; the actress-with-menacing-husband incident mentioned earlier gave a different ending to the Dorothy Stratton story. At one point there was a discussion of assassination of a President -- instantly vetoed by the head of the Family.

As with the Civil War stories discussed in the last question, this miniseries had a Book II the following year.

Thank you, flash

This mini-series was broadcast over five nights. To date, it is the only USA TV show/mini-series to be filmed entirely on location. Even the studio shots were done in location studios.

As an effort to increase awareness and publicity for the series, weeks before the episodes aired on network television, a replica of a ship was docked in New York City, while hired actors dressed in costume roamed the streets near the harbor to promote the TV show.

Thank you, mr6's. Another quick one

Another very good miniseries from the 1980s.. so good in fact, a 'midquel' was produced some 13 years later which tells the story of the 19 years unaccounted for in the original miniseries.

I've never played this before..I have NO idea what I am doing......:(

I will leave it in your hands to do as you wish :|

P.S. Can you check my reply on Face II, Thanks

Twink

Edited by: twinkeee on Mar 6, 2013 1:07 AM

• 3 months later...

For comparison: British novelist Len Deighton wrote a series of spy novels with a hero-agent-narrator who was never named. He narrated the stories, had conversations with other characters, etc. But was never named, or addressed by name. When some of the novels were made into several films, the hero was given the name Harry Palmer and was played by Michael Caine. *Funeral in Berlin* is probably the best known of these.

In a similar manner, a well-respected American novelist wrote several stories narrated by a private detective who was never named. In this miniseries, sourced from one of these novels, the detective is given a name.

WOW! Down in ten minutes. I thought it would last a while. For the purpose of this production, the Continental Op was given the name Hamilton Nash. I thought of that as deliberately using sounds that were echoed in Dashiell Hammitt's name.

Liam Casey's thread.

These two miniseries, aired 25 years apart, have been adapted from the same original novel. The star of the newer adaptation had also played a mute in another of this novelist's adaptations just 10 years earlier. The original miniseries was intended to be a feature film, but no writers.. well, these are the author's words, "It was a mess. Every director in Hollywood who's ever been involved with (this genre) wanted to do it, but nobody could come up with a script."

Archived