Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Silent Movies

hsmovies

Stick in in you Ear buddy! Silent films are my life's blood pal. Without them I might as well be dead. Watch SUNRISE is is one of the great film ever made. Modern Films are 90% Garbage! To violent, to loud, Story's are mindless, they all look the same. CGI is the Pitts! Is it a Movie or a Video game? I can't tell the difference.

This is the best print of *SUNRISE* that I have ever seen. I think it's better than what TCM started showing a couple years ago. Prior to that the transfer wasn't very good. This could be from the Region 2 Blu-ray. I never bothered recording because I have the Murnua-Borzage set.

I have a recording of Sunrise so I didn't record this either, too bad because it does look nicer than the print I have. It is actually my favorite silent film I have seen so far. My dream would be if Fox would let Criterion release a version of it, I can just imagine how pretty that would be (even though Criterion doesn't release a lot of Silents).

Btw I am making a friend watch this. This will be her first silent film so I hope she enjoys it. I am sort of terrified she won't.

Edited by: Kinokima on Feb 6, 2011 8:43 PM

> {quote:title=gagman66 wrote:}{quote}

> Only so much can be done with SUNRISE or WINGS. No camera negatives exist. SUNRISE is from a 5th generation print source, but it still looks very nice.

Well when I say I want Criterion to release it I don't just mean for the print but for the packaging, extras and so forth that usually go with a Criterion release. Not every film gets the "Criterion works" but I imagine something of Sunrise's caliber would and I would love to own something like that.

Dear hsmovies,

I assume you are just clowning with us right? Some people just say things to get a rise out of others.

If you really don't like or appreciate silent films, that's fine with me, that would just make you like most of the population in this country- relief is only a channel away and the TV cable spectrum offers endless refuge and sanctuary. You could even be watching the Super Bowl right now instead of a 1927 film- like any "normal" person.

TCM does show a lot of films that I don't always care for, but I don't question the airing of them. ALL old films are suitable fare for airing on a channel specifically devoted to classic film- but that doesn't mean we have to like each and every one.

BTW- nobody here cares about what kind of TV system you have.