Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
classicsstarlets

MAY SCHEDULE IS UP!!!

*"Heck, "Scarlet Street" in primetime is all I need."* - FrankGrimes

That caught my eye too. And the first thing to cross my mind is -

"FrankGrimes will be so happy!"

I hope you know, you and Fritz will be forever linked in my mind. Well, him and The Three Stooges.

Kyle In Hollywood

What is this baloney??

8:00 PM Gates of Heaven (1978)

Grieving pet owners seek solace at a California pet cemetery. Cast: Lucille Billingsley, Zella Graham, Cal Harberts. Dir: Errol Morris. C-85 mins,

9:45 PM Trouble the Water (2008)

A would be rapper tries to rebuild her life after she's caught in Hurricane Katrina. Cast: Kimberly Rivers Roberts, Scott Roberts. Dir: Carl Deal, Tia Lessin. C-90 mins,

11:30 PM Playtime (1967)

In search of an American official, a small town man gets lost in the jungle of modern Paris. Cast: Jacques Tati, Barbara Dennek, Rita Maiden. Dir: Jacques Tati. C-124 mins, TV-PG, Letterbox Format

1:45 AM Shotgun Stories (2007)

When their father dies, two sets of half brothers launch a deadly feud. Cast: Michael Shannon, Doulgas Ligon, Barlow Jacobs. Dir: Jeff Nicholas. C-92 mins,

3:30 AM Innocence (2000)

Youthful lovers reunite 40 years later. Cast: Julia Blake, Charles 'Bud' Tingwell, Kristine Van Pellicom. Dir: Paul Cox. C-94 mins,

*"What next, Corporal Hollywood?"* - MMF

I suggest you knock off the demeaning sarcasm or you'll be working on creating another new account for yourself.

Kyle In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Feb 7, 2011 8:01 PM

YES! Okay it is very sad I have not seen it yet. It's on Instant Netflix but I heard the print was bad on there so I've been waiting/hoping for TCM to play it (so happy now).

If you like film noir, you'll like Scarlet Street. It's one of the earliest of its kind of film noir.

I am also happy about Petrified Forest (another film I really need to see). Not in Prime Time but I'll take what I can get.

That's a goodie, too. I'd consider it an "essential," especially for Bogie fans. And I really like Bette in that film.

You need to stop threatening posters. You're out of line in my opinion.

If I was being sarcastic to you, it would've said Corporal Kyle. I was referencing the inclusion of Corporal Hargrove in the lineup. And the fact that most of these flicks are Hollywood entries, with few foreign films.

Stop being sensitive and get back on topic.

Well ignoring the 4 modern films what is wrong with Tati's Playtime. It's not like Tati is new to TCM but I haven't seen Playtime so that's something else to look forward to.

If you like film noir, you'll like Scarlet Street. It's one of the earliest of its kind of film noir.

I love Film Noir and Edward G. Robinson, and Fritz Lang.... I just hope I am not raising my expectations too high. :)

I hope you know, you and Fritz will be forever linked in my mind. Well, him and The Three Stooges.

I like that you link me with the Stooges! That's awesome!

I'm pretty darn obvious with Lang, aren't I? :D I search for Lang every time a sked is released. I'm looking for You and Me. I also search Gloria Grahame and the Fox gals (Gene Tierney & Linda Darnell).

I'm pretty easy to please. Just throw me a bone, every once in a while, and I'm content. TCM Programmer has been doing fine by me. More than fine, actually. Oh sure, I'd love to see more film noir, but he's done well in playing the films I have sought most.

I like how TCM Programmer tosses in lesser films for stars like Clark Gable and Bette Davis. He's done a superb job with performers like Ava Gardner, Carole Lombard, Myrna Loy, Deborah Kerr, Barbara Stanwyck, Humphrey Bogart, James Stewart, and Cary Grant.

?Trouble the Water? (2008)

A would be rapper tries to rebuild her life after she's caught in Hurricane Katrina. Cast: Kimberly Rivers Roberts, Scott Roberts. Dir: Carl Deal, Tia Lessin. C-90 mins,

Weekend Gross

$231 (USA) (5 April 2009) (1 Screen)

----------------------------

This is a joke, right? TCM really isn?t going to show this film on the air, is it?

In all the world, with all the world?s theaters, this film made only $231 dollars on a weekend, in the only theater that would show it, a year after the film was made?

Good research, Dobbsy.

My guess is that it's cheap for them to air. Probably free. LOL

It doesn't even seem interesting, but who knows, maybe someone will like it.

> {quote:title=Kinokima wrote:}{quote}

> Well ignoring the 4 modern films what is wrong with Tati's Playtime. It's not like Tati is new to TCM but I haven't seen Playtime so that's something else to look forward to.

Sorry. :) I must have picked it up with the trash.

> {quote:title=MyFavoriteFilms wrote:}{quote}

> Good research, Dobbsy.

>

> My guess is that it's cheap for them to air. Probably free. LOL

With Directv bills going up again next month, TCM can lose viewers and subscribers with this kind of crap. Better to show ?Meet Me In St. Louis? again, rather than this home-movie trash.

There are some pretty good old classic films showing in May, but Trouble the Water (2008) is an insult.

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=MyFavoriteFilms wrote:}{quote}

> > Good research, Dobbsy.

> >

> > My guess is that it's cheap for them to air. Probably free. LOL

>

> With Directv bills going up again next month, TCM can lose viewers and subscribers with this kind of crap. Better to show Meet Me In St. Louis again, rather than this home-movie trash.

I could not agree more. You are so right. Even a 999th showing of SOME LIKE IT HOT would be a major improvement. They really should be ashamed of including that title. But like I said, maybe one viewer in Alaska will like it. LOL

> Have you seen any of Tati's films Fred? For some reason I think you would enjoy them. :)

Yes, Tati's ok for Tati fans. He is why the French like Jerry Lewis films so much. I should have excluded that one. I just got excited when I saw the new cheap low-budget films on the list. :)

*"If I was being sarcastic to you, it would've said Corporal Kyle. I was referencing the inclusion of Corporal Hargrove in the lineup. And the fact that most of these flicks are Hollywood entries, with few foreign films."* - MMF

And whose post was your reply directed to? Corporal Hargrove's?

Kyle (worshipping TCM?????) In Hollywood

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> Yes, Tati's ok for Tati fans. He is why the French like Jerry Lewis films so much. I should have excluded that one. I just got excited when I saw the new cheap low-budget films on the list. :)

Understood!

The themes of Tati's films just reminded me of some of your posts . You know guy having to deal with modern day technology which makes everything more complicated.

*"I'm pretty darn obvious with Lang, aren't I?"* - FrankGrimes

Transparent as a cotton dress without a slip.

*"I'm pretty easy to please. Just throw me a bone, every once in a while, and I'm content. TCM Programmer has been doing fine by me. More than fine, actually."*

Careful or you'll be given the scarlett "A" (for apologist) too.

And does your "noir" interest include Mike Hammer too? I don't think *Kiss Me Deadly* has been seen for quite awhile.

Kyle In Hollywood

> > {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> The themes of Tati's films just reminded me of some of your posts . You know guy having to deal with modern day technology which makes everything more complicated.

Yes, that's me. :)

His film about the modern house and the fish fountain was hilarious! :)