Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Medical Pot & Cinema

Ascotrudgeracer

As far as marijuana goes, it's out of control everywhere on earth and absolutely legal in many places. My question, dear soulmates, do you find watching movies is more (or less) enjoyable after smoking grass?

This isn't the 1930's; not to revive some stale pot vs. alcohol debate, there are many substances more dangerous than this particular vegetable material.

I have friends who can't watch anything -- or eat an orange -- without a few hits. I'm pretty sure we're adults here, so how about it?

I saw The Wizard of Oz on the big screen shortly after indulging. Yep, we certainly

weren't in Kansas anymore. It was fairly enjoyable, thought the mind does tend to wander

a bit down random pathways. I would recommend seeing the film first without the aid of artificial enhancement, and then with, if that be your true heart's desire.

In your case it was wandering down the Yellow Brick Road to the Emerald City. :-)

During my "party days" back in the 80s, when I was going regularly to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show (which I've probably seen around 370 times by now), one time some friends were passing a joint around so we all got very buzzed....and halfway through the movie the sound went out-of-synch for me. I was hearing things slightly before or slightly after the image, but not precisely where it was supposed to be. Only time I can recall seeing a movie when I was high.

Yep, and boy was that Emerald City green, but Margaret Hamilton was still ugly.

It's best if you've seen the film before. If not, you're just going to have to watch

it again straight.

I don't know about the other drugs, but there are some conditions for which

marijuana can be a legitimate medical treatment. But I must confess, in the case of

the TWOO viewing, it was strictly recreational. Oh Auntie Em, there's no place

like hemp.

Kind of makes one wonder what those Mexican Indians were really smoking when

they traded tobacco with the three prospectors in Treasure. It sure looked like a

generous spliff, whatever was actually inside.

> {quote:title=Ascotrudgeracer wrote:}{quote}

> My question, dear soulmates, do you find watching movies is more (or less) enjoyable after smoking grass?

Well, for me the question would be better phrased as "did,' not "do." It would depend on the film. I remember finding *Mr. Wong in Chinatown* particularly enjoyable with the herb. I recall going to see *Fantasia*, and giggling at the dancing mushrooms, which p.oed the girls sitting behind me. I recall seeing *Yellow Submarine* straight, and coming out of the theater feeling as if I had taken LSD.

The problem with marijuana has always been:

1) law enforcement

2) the delivery system (not the pusherman, the smoking of it...use a vaporizer).

The entire town of Libby, MT, has cancer from an asbestos enterprise nearby; the workers would bring the poison home to their families. Pot is the only thing that gives these poor souls any quality of life.

Cannibis doesn't kill, stress kills and pot relieves stress.

How about those people who did 40 years in prison for the crime of having a joint in their sock? Now there are more pot stores in LA than Starbucks and McDonalds combined.

I never knew much about vaporizers. Apparently they're a lot safer. We were just

kids who smoked it the old-fashioned way. Everybody has to make their own choices

about what they want to do.

It's good that the old days of ridiculous sentences for simple use are over, and that

it has been decriminalized. We'll have to wait and see if there's legalization in the

future. In the near future, I doubt it.

Hey, man, the Dead?s playing Winterland tomorrow night. That Pigpen?s a far out drummer, man. What?s that head guy?s name... Garcia? Wow, man, he can go on long runs and trip me out, man. Owsley?s gonna be there too. Got me a new chick an we?re going to Winterland tomorrow night, man.

Sounds like one far out, righteous trip dude. Yawl must have gotten hold of some

bad acid, because Pigpen didn't play the drums. Hey, be on the lookout, word is

Friday and Gannon might be there undercover. I'd make the scene, but I've got to

get down to the Cumberland mine, that's where I mainly spend my time. Later man,

just watch your speed.

Pot should be worn, slept on, lived under (building material), washed with, read from, sat on but not smoked.

Still unknown the effect it has on chickens. (must be one of the Colonel's KFC's secret herbs :) )

a147a5be4103fd04645abfb31f0f8ddd.jpg

marijuana_sql.gif

PS It does also make great fuel for a PD bonfire.

banner.jpg

Edited by: hamradio on Feb 10, 2011 8:12 PM

> {quote:title=C.Bogle wrote:}{quote}

> Sounds like one far out, righteous trip dude. Yawl must have gotten hold of some

> bad acid, because Pigpen didn't play the drums.

Whad I say, ?drums?? I meant ?keyboard?. :) That was a long time ago, man. 44 years.

Actually Ron "Pigpen" McKernan drank himself to death at the age 27. Jerry Garcia died of heart failure due to years of Heroin abuse at the age of 53. There was a story about the rest of the Grateful Dead puffing away on nitrious tanks backstage while Pigpen was swilling down Southern Comfort.