Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Woman in the Dunes 1964 - Japanese

luvbwmovies

I don't know about anyone else, but I watched this film this morning while getting ready for work and was totally enthralled! I was spellbound by the two main characters. Their acting was superb! And it was in Japanese with subtitles! It caught me up so much, that I called in to work to say I would be late. I just HAD to see the ending. Don't want to spoil it for anyone, but the ending was a real cliffhanger for me, and a psychological surprise. The whole story was amazing! All I can say is WOW!

I have loved this since I first saw it at the Temple Cinematheque back in the 80's when I was living in Philadelphia. Numerous friends and relatives of mine have been subjected to VHS showings of this. The males have tended to like it more than the females, perhaps being more in sympathy with the metaphor of marriage as prison, but I should think the ladies might be able to appreciate the "taming of the dude" aspect of the tale.

Edited by: 30srbest on Feb 19, 2011 6:41 PM