Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name of old film?

hermasj

I saw this a few times as a kid on afternoon TV in the 60's. I'm thinking it must've been a movie from the 50's or possibly even the 40's... and to be honest it may have even been an episode of some TV show during that time period. It was a crime drama where the bad guys had pulled off a robbery or something and then were trying to make their getaway by hiding in a secret compartment inside the tanker trailer of a a gasoline truck. There was actually gasoline surrounding the secret compartment so that if the authorities opened the top of the tanker it would appear normal. But during the getaway a leak develops and fills the compartment and all the bad guys drown.

I saw this one too. It was either an episode of "Kraft Playhouse," "Kraft Suspense Theater" or some other similar show, or a made-for-TV movie. I thought that one thing that had made it memorable for me was that the cast included Jack Ging, a somewhat lesser-known actor, but from Oklahoma like myself. However, this lead did not check out in Ging's filmography on IMDB.