Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

?Mon Uncle?, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!

FredCDobbs

This is the funniest French film I?ve ever seen.

It was made in 1958, and it?s a satire on ?modern life? in the 1950s. But every joke designed for the French audience, also is suitable for an American audience. Especially for those of us who lived in the ?50s.

That was the beginning of the ?electronic gadget? age, and I remember it well. Not all of the ?gadgets? worked the way they should. :)

There are so many sight-gags in this film, I don?t think they can all be seen or noticed just on one viewing. Such as the height of the water spout on the fish sculpture that keeps changing for different reasons. This film gets funnier the more often I see it.

Did I miss something in the movie that caused TCM to give it a "TV 14" rating? I was surprised to see the "TV 14" clip before the movie, and even more surprised to see the schedule lists *Mon Oncle* as having a "TV 14" rating.

What was funny for me was I rented this movie from the library 3 days before it came on TV, and my mother and I watched it and she didn't laugh a lot at it, at certain parts yes, but I laughed through most of the movie, and when it came on TV and my father was watching it, my mother told him 'we saw that the other night and we just laughed and laughed'.

One thing I didn't get though, what did the woman mean when she said the house was 'all communicating'?

I don?t remember that specific line. It?s difficult for me to read the sub-titles and watch the movie at the same time. Maybe she meant that the whole house was controlled by electronics?

Did you notice the scene at night, where the husband and wife were looking out their two round upstairs windows. The windows looked like two big eyes, and their heads moving around looked like two big eyeballs looking down in different directions on their patio.