Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LaCage Aux Folles

It is surprising that a musical film on stage hit La Cage hasn't been done. Oh yes, I know there has been at least two filmed version since. One of them with Robin Williams, but not the musical as it is. How about John Travolta and Dick Van Dyke as the leads?

• 4 months later...

I'm a huge fan of Mike Nichols and Elaine May, so I loved what they did with the material in "The Birdcage". But the whole time I wanted to see more of what was happening onstage at the club. All we got was quick snippets. It would be wonderful to see the stage musical "immortalized" on film, preferably with Harvey Fierstein, though he's not getting any younger. Also, the era that it speaks to most is maybe slipping away too, so it should happen quickly if it's going to happen at all. It would be great if viewers could see it seventy-five years from now and love it the way we love, say, the "Gold Diggers" movies and Astaire and Rogers.

• 4 months later...