Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Inherit the Wind

The material about Trent's journal on the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's website

gives the date for the entry concerning the blankets as June 24, not May 24. I don't think

anyone has suggested a conspiracy, and it seems Trent acted independently. What is

certain is that the whole idea of giving the Indians items that might have given them

smallpox was in the air.

There is a footnote in the short article I posted that gives a source for the "invoice."

Currently, I don't see any particular reason to doubt it. I'm not sure how much Trent

knew about smallpox, but it seems he thought infected blankets might do the trick.

Amherst certainly thought so. I think Trent trying to pawn off a person infected with

smallpox on the Indians would have been a bit obvious. Thanks, but no thanks, Billy.

Sorry about leading this so far off topic (but I did have help) The whole Indian vs European thing is a button of mine...I understand that the native tribes weren't always right, but really, don't peple argue all the time about "defending what's ours"; isn't that what they were doing? More or less?

OK done now. How about those performances by Tracy and March? I love the way they both (esp March) sit in the background while the other does a speech, waving fans and other scene-stealing activities. Cracks me up.