Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Paul Douglas

chaney7

New to the site. I'm a big fan of what I like to call the little english commedies. Years ago I saw one of these called "High and Dry" with Paul Douglas as the star. Great "little" movie. Was wondering if TCM had any plans to show the film or to honor Douglas with one of their movie fests.

Recently read on a post involving "Born Yesterday": Douglas would have been much better in the part taken by Broderick Crawford because Douglas was the better actor. I never thought of him for that part but he would have been great.

Paul Douglas was one of those big dependable actors that always delivered. I never saw him give a bad performance, even if the movie didn't make it, he always did. I would have loved to see him reprise his stage role in :Born Yesterday", but it rumored that the role was downsized for the film and that's why he bowed out andCrawford got the part. Billy Wilder had cast him as Jeff Sheldrake in "The Apartment", but a few days before they started shooting Paul Douglas died of a heart attack at age 52. The role went to Fred MacMurray...

I think Paul Douglas was very good in *Clash By Night* with Barbara Stanwyck and Robert Ryan. Strange, I have always thought of Paul Douglas as being an "older guy". And yet he was only 52 when he died. Yikes, I just passed 52.

Archived