Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vertigoman82

Favorite James Stewart roles

Yesterday TCM showed Shenandoah, a great James Stewart role. I am reminded of how much I enjoy this film. Thankyou TCM. Sometimes I forget about movies and it is nice to be reminded :)

He is my favorite. Everything he did was great, but Mr. Smith Goes to Washington just knocks me out each time I see it. He was just terrific in it.

It would be easier to ask what wasn't Stewart great in. My favorite Stewart role is the one I'm watching at the time the question is asked. Although I do have a soft spot for Harvey. Jimmy was fantastic in everything he touched.

How wonderful to visit the James Stewart musuem. The next time I'm in Helena, Montana (which I am quite close to), I'm going to see if they have anything about Gary Cooper and Myrna Loy, two of my favorites who were both born in Helena. Not bad for a city that size. It may be the capital of Montana, but it still isn't very big. I sure hope they do have something. If they don't, I'm just the person to tell them they should have. ^^

I loved him in "The Shop Around the Corner" and "Shenandoah" and "Rope" and well I guess every other movie he was in come to think of it!

I really like the movie The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. His political career was launched on the fact that he shot Liberty Valance and he finally tells the reporters the truth, which they wisely decide not to print. Then at the end when the conductor says" Nothing is to good for the man who shot Liberty Valance" ..I don't know that ending just gets me everytime.

My absolute Jimmy Stewart movie is Pot O' Gold! I got it at Walmart for a dollar. I was so surprised the first time that I watched it. Jimmy was singing and playing different instruments! I love it sooo much that I watch every single night before I go to bed. Of course I also love Jimmy in Mr. Smith Goes To Washington and After The Thin Man and The Philidelphia Story.

I personally liked Jimmy Stewart in Vertigo- one of his best. Hitchcock brought out some of the darker elements and emotions out of his range- some that we've seen in Anthony Mann movies.

Also Wolf and I have discussed Jimmy Stewart movies many times and It's A Wonderful Life and WInchester '73 are always at the top of the list.

Thank you so much for the link. It's a very nice interview. It showed what a great sense of humor he had. I appreciate you doing this.

My favorite Jimmy Stewart movies are The Philadelphia Story, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, The Shop Around the Corner, It's a Wonderful Life, Vertigo, and Shenandoah...to name a few.