Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You Were Never Lovelier

This is probably more for us gents but every once in a while a movie comes along that hits on all cylinders. The lovely lady's makeup, her character and the love story combine to make you fall in love with her. I'm also a sucker for the songs.

Two that come to mind are Joan Leslie in Stage Door Canteen and Anna Neagle in Irene. I made it a point to watch their other movies and while I like them they just don't hit the button like those two.

The fun part of watching the old Classics is finding gems like that.

> {quote:title=yvesmary wrote:}{quote}

>Two that come to mind are Joan Leslie in Stage Door Canteen

>

Regarding Joan Leslie, I'm sure you mean HOLLYWOOD CANTEEN, not STAGE DOOR CANTEEN. And I totally agree with you about Joan Leslie in that one. You just KNOW she's got to be playing herself and is truly just as nice as she is in the movie. And further making it seem real is the fact that Joan's real sister Betty plays her sister in the scenes where we meet her family.

I have been in touch with Joan Leslie in the last few years and am happy to report that she has been as nice as can be.

> {quote:title=yvesmary wrote:}{quote}

> This is probably more for us gents but *every once in a while a movie comes along that hits on all cylinders. The lovely lady's makeup, her character and the love story combine to make you fall in love with her.* I'm also a sucker for the songs.

Janet Leigh, *Holiday Affair*.

:)