Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please help me find these two movies...

Movie one: For years I thought the title of this one was 'The Gun' but IMDB doesn't turn up anything that seems close. I saw it as a kid in the late 60s early 70s... black and white on TV so I'm guessing it was made in the 50's or early 60's.

The story is that a little boy finds a pistol (Luger?) and runs off with it, maybe because he shot a friend thinking the gun was a toy. I have the impression that the boy is German and the gun is a relic of WWII that he found in a ruined house or wall. Anyway, adults set out in search of the boy before he harms someone else or himself. I seem to remember the city being partially in ruins... so maybe it was Berlin? The movie was in English though, or dubbed into English.

They showed this one frequently when I was a kid but I never did see the way it turned out.

Movie two: I saw this one on TCM a few years ago. Black and white, probably from the late 40s to early 50s... maybe later. I only saw part of it... a 20ish boy and a girl he claims to be his sister (late teens/early 20s) are staying in a bungalow at a motor hotel. They might be on the run from something, I'm not sure. The 'brother' is very protective of the girl who is pretty but seems to have a childlike mind... very innocent and trusting and playful. He makes her stay in the bungalow most of the day, tells her not to talk to people, but at some point she goes out and is approached by an older man who seems harmless but the brother returns and is very angry/suspicious.

It was one of those older films that had a low budget and a very realistic... almost documentary feel to it.

Thanks for any help on these... I'd really like to track them down so I could finally see them in their entirety.

K

I'm pretty sure 'The Weapon' must be correct for the first one... now I just need to find a way to watch it.

I'm certain the second one is not 'They Live By Night'... since I know that movie well. I see the similarity with my description though...

I'm pretty sure the one I'm thinking of is not a crime movie... at least not a heist movie.

Also, there were no actors I recognized (during the short bit I saw). It was low budget and 'stark'.

In the one I'm thinking of the girl is 'odd'... mentally ill possibly... a child's mind in a woman's body... flirtatious without intent. The young man watching over her, I think her brother, is defensive about her... knowing that other men might try to take advantage of her (may have happened before).

I'm not sure why they are in the motor court, if they are running away or going somewhere, but I didn't get the sense that there were crimes involved... that the young man was a bandit or somesuch.

When the girl goes outside and meets a stranger I think she may have been on a swing at a small playground in the motor court.

I seem to also remember something about someone coming to clean the bungalow and her not wanting to let them in because her brother wasn't there.

I wish I could give a better description.

Edited by: venusboys3 on Mar 2, 2011 11:41 PM