Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The [b]Longer[/b] Road To Hollywood - 2011

Aw, shucks, Kyle, you are a doll. I lurk a lot around here, just don't post much.

I'll be sure to give a full report! Robert Osborne and Ann Rutherford were at Kent State a few months ago for the opening of the Katharine Hepburn exhibit at the Fashion museum and I could not go because by the time I heard about it, I was not able to cancel a rehearsal for a show that I was directing. I was heartbroken to miss my chance to see Robert O. So, I am overjoyed about seeing him and Eva Marie Saint PLUS one of my fave Hitchcock films.

Sandy K

*"edit: Ooh looks like April 2nd is actually a Saturday!"* - kinokima

I apologise for the error in my original post. The original press release I used to write it and quoted from listed the NYC date as "Monday, April 2nd". But the page for the screening at the "Road To Hollywood" site does list the date as being "Saturday, April 2nd".

I hope this change will make it easier for you to attend in April. (And begin checking for downloadable tickets on the 18th. The press release said tickets would be available on the 18th while the website says that they won't be available until Saturday, the 19th. But better to be safe than sorry.)

Kyle In Hollywood

*"Aw, shucks, Kyle, you are a doll. I lurk a lot around here, just don't post much. I'll be sure to give a full report!"* - Sandy K

Glad to know you are only being silent and not absent from here.

*"I could not go because I was not able to cancel a rehearsal for a show that I was directing."*

Well then, it is all the better that you are attending in two weeks. (TWO WEEKS!)

I'll be looking for your report.

Kyle (Wanna take over "Spiderman" in NYC, Ms. Director?) In Hollywood

The free tickets to the Tampa screening of *Smokey And The Bandit* were made available for download TODAY. If you are in the area and would like to see Ben Mankiwicz and Burt Reynolds, click here -

http://www.tcm.com/roadtohollywood'>http://www.tcm.com/roadtohollywood'>http://www.tcm.com/roadtohollywood'>http://www.tcm.com/roadtohollywood

then click on the Tampa Screening

Tomorrow (Thursday, March 10th) the free tickets to the Chicago screening of *Seven Brides For Seven Brothers* become available for download. If you want to join Robert Osborne and Jane Powell at the Music Box Theater, click here -

http://www.tcm.com/roadtohollywood

and choose the Chicago screening.

Don't hesitate. They go fast.

Kyle In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Mar 9, 2011 9:02 PM

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}

> *"Aw, shucks, Kyle, you are a doll. I lurk a lot around here, just don't post much. I'll be sure to give a full report!"* - Sandy K

>

> Glad to know you are only being silent and not absent from here.

>

> *"I could not go because I was not able to cancel a rehearsal for a show that I was directing."*

>

> Well then, it is all the better that you are attending in two weeks. (TWO WEEKS!)

>

> I'll be looking for your report.

>

> Kyle (Wanna take over "Spiderman" in NYC, Ms. Director?) In Hollywood

Kyle, funny that you should mention the troubled Broadway production of Spiderman--an acquaintance of mine from college has a small role in the production AND my boss's son-in-law is one of the stage managers. So, I've been getting a little inside scoop here and there. There are definitely ISSUES.

Sandy K

*"So, I've been getting a little inside scoop here and there. There are definitely ISSUES."* - sandykaypax

As of yesterday, Ms. Taymor is out. But they have already hired their new director. Sorry you missed out. But you DO get to see Robert and Eva Marie instead. I'd like to think you'd prefer spend an evening with them rather than Bono & The Edge anyway.

An $80 million stage musical just boggles my mind. I can't help but think spending that much money is a waste - even before the show opens or without the ISSUES.

Kyle (A revival of "It's A Bird...It's A Plane..." wouldn't have sufficed?) In Hollywood

Thank you, thank you for posting this info! As soon as I saw it I went to get tickets for 'North by Northwest'. I just hope a snowstorm doesn't keep us from getting up to Cleveland next Wednesday.

Btw, I had read on All that Chat that the book for 'It's a Bird...It's a Plane...' had recently been reworked & the show was restaged. I can't believe how much 'Turn off the Dark' has cost. It's crazy. It's like movies are becoming video games and theater is trying to emulate effects-heavy movies.

Thanks, again!

*"Thank you, thank you for posting this info! As soon as I saw it I went to get tickets for 'North by Northwest'."* - Calamity

You're very welcome. And I am happy you're attending and that you still could get tickets. Somebody needs to let the Cleveland Plain-Dealer know so they can publish it. I would have thought it would have sold-out by now.

Drive safely.

Kyle (praying for no Ohio snow next Wednesday) In Hollywood

Attention all you New Yorkers! Start writing reminders to yourself!

The passes to "The Road To Hollywood" screening of *The Manchurian Candidate* with Robert Osborne and Angela Lansbury in attendance happening on Saturday, April 2nd will be available either tomorrow (the 18th) or on Saturday, the 19th.

There have been conflicting dates stating when the passes will be made available for download. The Original Press Release said the 18th. But the website says the 19th. Just to be safe, I'd start looking tomorrow (Friday) to see if the download is possible. If it isn't, then the passes will be released on Saturday.

http://www.tcm.com/2011/roadtohollywood/index.html

I'd hate for anyone to miss out as it sounds like it will be a great evening. I hate that I am missing out.

Kyle In Hollywood

(And 'sandykaypax' - How was your evening with Robert and Eva Marie yesterday? Details! And 'Calamity' too!)

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Mar 17, 2011 6:54 PM

Hey New Yawkers!

If you forget to post reminders to yourself around the house this week, I'm here to tell you that the passes to the screening of *The Manchurian Candidate* on April 2nd are available for download - _NOW_.

http://www.tcm.com/2011/roadtohollywood/newyork/onsale.html

Robert Osborne and Angela Lansbury want to see you there.

(And "Hey Sandy! I'm still waiting to hear about Cleveland.)

Kyle In Hollywood

*"I have my hot little tickets in my grubby little hands. Can't wait."* - Gregory165

Yea! And don't worry, April 2nd will be here sooner than you think.

*"Who else from these boards will be at the Manchurian screening in NYC? It might be nice to put some faces with message-board names at the screening."*

Hopefully a few others will chime in and announce their planned attendance at the screening. But you might want to checkout the Rambles thread too. I know a few of those ladies live in New York and are likely to be going. At least, they should be going.

--------------

Did anyone go to the Tampa Screening of *Smokey And The Bandit* hosted by Ben Mankiewicz and Burt Reynolds? Would REALLY love to hear about that event. Also curious how Reynolds is doing after his surgery. I hope he isn't frail as I couldn't get my head to accept that image.

And I am still anticipating a Cleveland report!

Kyle In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Mar 21, 2011 9:44 PM

• 2 weeks later...

Any Hitchcock watchers in the Greater New York Area can attend a screening of *The Birds* in Huntington (Long Island), New York with Robert Osborne and Special Guest Tippi Hedren by downloading a pass starting today. Passes will become available this morning here -

Just click on "Long Island"

Kyle In Hollywood

On Monday night I had the good fortune to see Angela Lansbury host an amazing tribute to Terrence McNally and the poor woman was (as she herself admitted) sick as a dog, but, being a trouper, she made the extraordinary effort to be there.

Here's hoping she will have recovered enough to keep her engagement at the Manchurian screening on Saturday. If she is indeed able to be there, I hope everyone gives her an extra outpouring of appreciation for appearing when she's been under the weather.

Also, I noticed that she has just been added to the Hollywood screenings, and will be there to present Gaslight. Lucky break for all of you west-coast folks.

Lone Star State fans of TCM can see a few more stars in Texas later this month when Ben Mankiewicz and Angie Dickinson arrive in Austin to present a screening of *Rio Bravo* on Saturday, April 16th.

The free passes become available for download today, Saturday April 2nd. They can be had here -

Choose "Austin".

And keep an eye out for those other stars, "SueSueApplegate" and "butterscotchgreer". Both are planning on attending.

Kyle In Hollywood

I am excited!! I just found out about TCM coming to my hometown of Huntington earlier today from my mom's best friend. Since I am unable to go to the Classic Film Festival in LA, this is just as good of an opportunity to see Robert Osborne and Tippi Hedren in person. I can't wait til next week!!

~Donna

*"You're the detective. Don't ask me for answers."*

*~ Jarvis Goodland (Ray Milland) ~ Columbo: The Greenhouse Jungle*

*"I never discuss business before dinner."*

*~Jean Lafitte (Fredric March) ~ The Buccaneer (1938)*

*"Having some trouble Mr. DA?"*

*~Joe Lilac (Dana Andrews) ~ Ball of Fire (1942)*

*"If you're not gonna electrocute me on the spot, I think I'll run along."*

*~Joel Sloane (Robert Montgomery) ~ Fast and Loose (1939)*

*"This is the way I like to do business. Quickly and to the point."*

*~Britt Reid/The Green Hornet (Van Williams) ~ The Green Hornet: Trouble for Prince Charming*

*"What are you smoking, Matthews? Cornsilk?"*

*~Boston **** (Chester Morris) ~ Boston **** and the Law (1946)*

OK all us Left-Coasters!

The TCM Classic Film Festival "Road To Hollywood " series of FREE screenings is getting ever closer to Hollywood,

Passes for the FREE screening of *Elmer Gantry* in San Francisco are still available (as of Wednesday Night, April 6th). The screening is Wednesday, April 20th at the historic Castro Theater and will be hosted by Ben Mankiewicz with Special Guest Shirley Jones in attendance.

And on Thursday morning (April 7th), passes to the FREE screening of *From Here To Eternity* become available for download. This screening at the Egyptian Theater will also be hosted by Ben Mankiewicz with Special Guest Ernest Borgnine in attendance.

The passes can be found here -

Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Kyle In Hollywood

I just got my pass or ticket to From Here to Eternity. Wow, the fact that TCM is letting people in for FREE (and it is definitely not free for them to do it) is an indication at just how special this station is.