Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Format for Daily Schedule and Home Page etc.

arnie13

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> Actually, it's just a psychological experiment on the part of TCM to see if they can induce people to start multiple threads, arguments, and generally go berserk. So far, I would say the experiment has been a success.

You're damned right it's been a success. Just look at us !

2729165834_36719118a3.jpg

...see? My poster of Joan Crawford going berserk in *Berserk !* didn't even take ! Aaaaaaaggggghh!!!

Edited by: misswonderly on Mar 15, 2011 10:51 PM

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> Actually, it's just a psychological experiment on the part of TCM to see if they can induce people to start multiple threads, arguments, and generally go berserk. So far, I would say the experiment has been a success.

First laugh I've had in a week! Thanks.

It is 5:30 PST here in AZ and I can't access the daily schedule for now because it is on yesterdays page. Going to a previous day is not allowed I guess. The day starts at 7 according to TCM.

Why can't they start the day at Midnight, and the week on Sunday like the rest of the world. Setting up the DVD player gets confusing as to what day it is.

Jim

This is one of the worst website re-designs I've ever seen. Your website was rife with problems before (constant error messages on database searches, incorrect or obsolete info in the "help" section--for example, good luck trying to change your email address. The instructions on how to do it don't work) but now it's become just plain obnoxious. The "remind me" feature, which was my favorite feature on the site, has disappeared. Trying to navigate the monthly schedules with that ghastly grid is impossible.

This website is a total fail. I think many people will be watching fewer movies on TCM since it's been made so difficult to find and be reminded of movies now. It ruins your ability to plan and DVR future movies, not to mention it's just plain frustrating trying to navigate around here.

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> > Or why not let people access previous schedules, at least for that month?

>

> This website has schedules going back to early 2007:

>

> http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=254&page=20

Another site that has old TCM schedules going back to May 2005 is:

http://www.classicmovies.org/turner/

Robbie

The following: This website wants to run the following add-on: "Windows Media 6.4 Player Shim" from "Microsoft Corporation". If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it... shows up on the screen above the postings along with an X to hit and delete it. This is anytime I click on or go back to an item on the Board. Also, the upper part of the screen doubles over the whole thing. This just started yesterday or Monday and I can't figure what gives. Nothing else I log onto does this.

Edited by: wouldbestar on Mar 30, 2011 8:56 PM

At the top of my screen on all TCM forum pages I get this message:

"This website wants to run the following add-on: 'QuickTimeCheck Scriptable Object' from 'Apple Computer, Inc. (unverified publisher)'. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it to run, click here..."

A couple of weeks ago Mr. Osborne introduced some guy who he said was in charge of the whole website, and Mr. Osborne asked him how many people were on his staff. The guy said, "Three or four, " and Mr. Osborne said, "Really!", as if he were really surprised at the small staff.

So, if they have only three or four people working on the entire website, then they don't have much time to correct the problems they created with the Schedule, because they have to maintain all the other parts of the website, including all the animations on the main website home page.

Someone in a supervisor's position made the decision to change the Schedule page, and they are not going to admit they made a big mistake, and they won't change it back to the way it was. They are going to continue to pretend that they didn't make a mistake.

If this type of **** operation happened in the army a bunch of lowly enlisted soldiers would be court martialed, while some high ranking officer in charge would be relocated to a juicey post and promoted further!

Then *someone* ought to be fired--and quickly.

After all, these incompetents who have trashed this website are not protected by bureaucratic civil service laws! Who on earth (oops, I take that back--this is Wonderland) is running this show?

And RO is sitting this thing out on the sidelines?

*INCREDIBLE!*

musikone

Al is in Wonderland!

where things are *not* what they seem to be

In a properly run and managed operation, there would be no need to impose on RO, assuming that his job description is to introduce and explain the movies and to chat with various people about what they do, like about the films and the company at which they work, etc., etc. He is very good at this sort of thing, is well appreciated by everyone, and has been doing this sort of thing here for a very long time.

The serious problem currently is that this is *NOT* a properly run and managed operation, as is evidenced by the mess that has been made by *someone* who has yet to be identified in an open forum. In contrast RO is well known by name and, rightly or wrongly, is regarded as a legitimate point of contact for those who have been alienated by this absolute trashing of the TCM web site. This has been done by an individual who insists upon hiding from her/his responsibilities to those who are being paid by US. The excuse for wanting to hide is of course privacy and the desire to avoid being made uncomfortable by embarrassing and pointed questions. Just like any politician. Are TCM employees entitled to "political cover"? The answer is a big fat *NO*.

TCM management cannot have it both ways. If it wishes to keep sheltering the individual that is guilty of this abomination, then it should expect that RO, our only visible point of contact, will have to accept some responsibility for helping to straighten out the chaotic, inexplicable dereliction of duty on the part of TCM management.

Do you understand what I am saying? If not, feel free to ask me questions. I happen to have many years of experience in technical management in a very large company and know what I am talking about. I have NEVER seen anything as screwed up as what TCM has done in permitting this intolerable situation to exist. NEVER! I would be glad for TCM to explain why it has done what it has done right here in this forum; I will be expecting them to come knocking at my door :-) :-). Until the cows come home.

musikone

Al is in Wonderland!

This sounds like a variation of my problem; at least I'm not the only one. I just turn my speakers down so I don't keep hearing that infernal bleep when it pops up and do the extra click. I haden't really been irritated by this new thing until now but now I am big time.

It wasn't even a matter of what is wrong with the boards. I understand there is plenty wrong, though I don't seem to have some of the problems others do. My point is that RO is an employee. He certainly is the face of TCM but he could/should not be expected to have any involvement on behalf of either side in this situation. He is not a spokesman for the corporate TCM.

I can see people may choose to contact RO as the only name they know but I have a hard time thinking they really expect him to do something about it. I'm in customer service and people see and talk to me a lot but no one thinks I can do anything about the corporate website or have any say in how it is set up.

There is no reason to "out" anyone that might be responsible. If they deal with them it will be in-house and it should be. It really isn't any of our business as I see it. The TCM people know what is going on. You only need to see all the locked threads to know they have read the complaints. How easy it is to fix I'll leave to others.

But on RO I'll just have to disagree with you. I hope that it all gets cleared up quickly. Movies are more fun.

The problems with this website probably have little to do with TCM employees.

There is probably one person in TCM management determining what kind of software functionality is desired. Then those determinations are communicated to a contractor that creates and manages the software.

A year or two ago there were severe problems with the Message Boards. After many posters called TCM's attention to the problems some remedial measures were a long-time in coming.

In those days the foot of these pages identified the software provider as Java. I directly contacted Java to complain about the funcionality of the TCM Message Board. A polite lady at Java didn't confirm that Java was the TCM software provider but she took down all my comments about the Message Board problems. She said she would pass along that information.

More recently I've read that the Java operation has been downsized and their facility in my city was closed. A quick Google search relating Java software to Time Warner do not seem to return "live" links.

Since the TCM software is no longer identified as Java there might be another software company currently handling the TCM account.

Well then, to get right to the point; who *is* the spokesperson for corporate TCM? There *must* be accountability if TCM's operation is to have any credibility. To repeat, someone was responsible for contracting the software elsewhere, if that is what was done. This individual *must* be outed. Period. Not very long ago, TCM used was respected as the role model for televised movies. Now, practically overnight, it is the laughing stock of the TV movie world. This is quite a plunge into the dark depths, isn't it?

The spokesperson for corporate TCM should certainly be willing to stand up and defend the changes to this website. It is not acceptable to make excuses for this monstrosity by claiming that the software was developed outside this company. Whether or not the software development is done by TCM is *IRRELEVANT*.

When excuses of this sort are offered in the Real world, they are shot down within a few microseconds. When they are offered here in Wonderland, the octupus gets covered up as its tentacles are pointed in all directions at once, creating continuous confusion and obfuscation.

And we are now being asked to put up with this nonsense for months and months and months into the future?

musikone

Al is in Wonderland!

So when is TCM going to come to the conclusion that their new schedule format sucks, or do they just not care? For old movies on cable, the only option is Fox Movie Channel, so TCM knows they have us by the short hairs. I say that if they don't return to their old schedule (with the ability to check schedules months in advance), just stop buying their monthly magazine and their commercial DVD releases. Money talks .

Archived