Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
arnie13

New Format for Daily Schedule and Home Page etc.

What I find disturbing is that whenever there are changes to the message boards, somehow posters who hardly ever have anything to say come out of the proverbial woodwork to voice their complaints.

I am not saying that you should NOT voice your concerns. Not at all.

I just find it interesting that many of you who have posted here today have less than 100 posts to the message board since you have been a member here.

This is very unscientific, but out of all the posters who have posted on this subject 18 of you have posted less than 150 times overall since you have been a member of the board. Out of that 18,

13 of the posts about the format change are negative, 4 are positive and one is sort of neutral.

Six of these 18 have only posted here less than ten times. One of the posters has five total posts and all five posts are negative.

I can understand if some of you (sort of) newbies have valid concerns, but why is it that when you have this much to say about a format change, you are otherwise non-existent on other subjects. There have been plenty of threads where we have talked about the role of the website, other format changes, the TCM Code of Conduct and the like, yet some of you have had nothing to say about any of those subjects.

Why is that? I guess I am just curious.

The only other reason I can think of is that a good number of you with less than 100 posts are indeed one person or several persons who have decided to post as a multiple user names over and over again.

Instead of focusing so much energy about a format change I think the emphasis should be on not allowing multiple user names to exist.

Of course all of this is very unscientific, but I just find it hard to believe that there are so many posters who have opinions on this subject and yet they have not posted here too much over the years.

What about those of us who have well over 100 posts and still don't like the changes? :-)

I think it was *SansFin* who said something about how, if you don't know anything about a movie, only having the name of the movie isn't going to make you any more likely to watch it, as opposed to if the main cast members or the synopsis is mentioned. I almost always go by the printable monthly schedule (with the exception of the shorts, which aren't programmed so far in advance), so those synopses are really important to me. And I can think of quite a few movies I wouldn't have thought to watch if I didn't see a synopsis (especially true for B-movies).

I can think of a few other minor quibbles that probably belong on the technical glitches section:

a) the main page for each of the sub-forums (eg. General Discussions, Hot Topics, and the like) all assume that you don't change the forum viewing options, which is 15 posts to the page. I changed it a long time back to 50 posts per page, with oldest posts first. I can't get to the most recent posts as easily now. (There are forums that could use a "go to first unread post" link, but TCM didn't have that in the previous incarnation of the forums.)

B) Something is making the page do left-right scrolling, whereas in the past it fit in the full browser window. But that's a really minor quibble, since the stuff on the right is the "Popular Discussions" stuff that I've always ignored anyhow.

I've already Tweeted this problem to TCM and been told the techs are working on it, but one issue I have is that at my blog (http://www.laurasmiscmusings.blogspot.com/) I've linked to TCM pages in my films reviews hundreds of times over 5-1/2 years.

The TCM links are all now dead. Even this week's links to the current month's schedule and an article on Jean Harlow as SOTM.

My older reviews get hits every time a movie is shown on TCM, so those links going dead is a real problem for people seeking to learn more about a film and interested in reading the info available at TCM. Fewer eyeballs for TCM's site, and it sure makes my posts a big mess having dead links.

I was encouraged that TCM Tweeted the techs were working on it and hope they'll fix it, but I think it's an important issue. Surely there are many more bloggers in the same situation.

fxreyman: As someone who has a low post count and had negative things to say, I would like to say I find it "disturbing" when people with over 1000 posts haven't learned that it's not good practice to make off-topic posts.

People here are expressing their observations and opinions about the changes made to the site today. Many of us don't spend much time on the boards because we have other things to do. I occasionally pop onto the board when I want to read what others are talking about. If I have something to say, then I say it. If I don't, then I don't.

Just because people have differing opinions on this doesn't mean some of them just spawned out of the ether to complain. The people complaining were happy before and had nothing to say as a result. Now they are not happy and they want TCM to know, so they're using this message board to share their thoughts and feelings on this subject with both TCM and its fans. Some have expressed reasons for being displeased with the changes more clearly than others.

If you have more thoughts on the subject of this thread, please post, post, and post again. If you don't, please stop your nonsense about a negative post conspiracy and your attacks on people with low post counts. Just consider the possibility that there is a lot of negativity coming from posters because something negative was done to a lot of people today in the form of the questionable redesign of this web site.

MovieFanLaura: I ran into the links problem earlier as well. Even the matches for many pages on TCM.com on Google are dead ends right now. I've sure Google will eventually pick up all of the new links, and for now the "Cached" links to pages on Google still work for the old TCM pages, but it's definitely not inviting for people who don't realize what's going on.

Glad to hear they're aware there are problems as well.

As one of those people that fxreyman is aiming at, I'll respond to him directly.

My name is Andy Moursund. I live in Kensington, Maryland. I owned a used book shop for 23 years and am now retired and have more time to watch TCM than ever before. It's one of life's little joys, and I've touted its virtues to everyone I know. If you find it somehow important to know more about me, you can go to one of my websites, www.georgetownbookshop.com, and read the Washington Post article that appeared about me and my shop. I mention this only because you seemed to question the authenticity of my identity. You can now know a lot more about my identity than I know, or care to know, about yours.

I've been watching TCM since I switched to Direct TV in 2001, and I switched to FIOS only last year because a storm caused the satellite to fail for two weeks while TCM was showing some of my favorite films. I've never posted here before, both because I also have other interests, and because up to now I've had nothing to complain about. I'm a fan of film noir, pre-code films, silent movies, and foreign movies, and with tastes like that, it's only natural that I would gravitate to the finest cable network on Earth. In spite of my loathing of this new format, I consider TCM to be one of our country's greatest cultural resources, and the only reason I'm complaining about the new format is that I want it to be the best website as well as the best movie network. It's a criticism that stems from love, not because I'm a born nitpicker. These are serious structural problems, not nits.

I speak for myself and myself alone, and I don't know any of the other people here who've been voicing similar complaints about the re-formatting of the schedule pages. I have no idea why you felt it necessary to engage in such personal innuendo about the identity of those of us who've criticized this dreadful new format, but I'll leave the answer of that to you. And I do wish that you'd address the topic at hand and leave the personal attacks out of it. Thank you.

First of all I clearly expect that my posting from earlier this afternoon will be deleted sometime within the next 24 hours. But I must say I feel better having posted what I did.

Now, my concerns about all of this nitpicking or concerns is NOT from those who have posted here often or who have been engaged over the years with other message board issues.

My concern here tonight is my belief, and let me spell this out for you and others here:

I just have a really hard time understanding how many posters who have posted here today on this thread have had so little to say about anything else relevant to this or any other issue that has come before us.

Where were these people when we had discussions about the Code of Conduct, or how about when the admins have made changes before?

That is all I am saying here. If you are a legitimate poster who has been involved with many discussions about some of these issues in the past and have made attempts to let it be known how you felt about an issue, then I have no problem with you.

However, I just find it all to convenient that all of a sudden today, after what transpired overnight that we have dozens of posters who quite frankly I have never seen before start posting as if World War III had just been declared.

I just want to know where these people have been. Where have they been hiding?

I don't find it surprising, I actually expected many would be unhappy after I saw the first glimpse of the new Month Schedule page. It looked like a newbie website guy gave a try at doing a new page and to top it off they changed the page url so bookmarks are all broken. I would think TCM would be happy to know from viewers and posters what they think of things when changes like this are made.

And this is not a bad thread about TCM, it is simply a discussion about the website changes that affect us all. Yes they have also added a few nice features, but the usefulness of the old site schedule was lost in the process.

Cosmetic changes are fine, the homepage looks great. But the meat of it is the schedule and how they made changes that make someone click on each title to see what it is about. Or the lost reminder icon. Or the lost genre icons, the wrong Letterbox issue, etc.

That is what some are talking about and hopefully they tweak the site schedules back to what they were. If not that is OK but they have added a whole lot of clicking to find what people want. Maybe that is part of the plan to get people to visit more internal pages, I don't know.

Anyway it won't affect my viewing of the station and I doubt it will affect others unless they miss movies due to the schedule pages being confusing now. I hope not and wish TCM the best. I even spent an hour last night adding my own reviews to some movies at this site.

As someone who has a low post count and had negative things to say, I would like to say I find it "disturbing" when people with over 1000 posts haven't learned that it's not good practice to make off-topic posts.

So you think my little diatribe was "off-topic". Well maybe you are right.

But if you posted here enough you would know that topics frequently go "off topic". As far as posters with over 1,000 posts have not learned about going "off-topic" well let me just point this out to you. Many here have seen posters come and go, some posters come back the day after they have been asked to leave as new posters. They then create similar user names and keep on posting as if nothing has changed. Sometimes posters hardly ever say a word, like yourself. With so little history to go on with a poster like yourself, it is hard distinguishing between someone who is a "troll" and someone who is not. There are those of us here who have had major run ins with "trolls". And from what we have learned over the years this is the one major area where we disagree wholeheartedly with the way TCM manages this website and allows this kind of activity to exist.

People here are expressing their observations and opinions about the changes made to the site today. Many of us don't spend much time on the boards because we have other things to do. I occasionally pop onto the board when I want to read what others are talking about. If I have something to say, then I say it. If I don't, then I don't.

Well maybe you should become more involved with the message boards. I mean maybe someone like me would not then jump to any conclusions about why people who have been a member here for well over a year have only posted 6 or 13 times. Maybe then I wouldn't be sitting here debating this issue. Maybe I would be engaged with you on why I think what is happening to this website is a good thing and not so bad.

Just because people have differing opinions on this doesn't mean some of them just spawned out of the ether to complain. The people complaining were happy before and had nothing to say as a result. Now they are not happy and they want TCM to know, so they're using this message board to share their thoughts and feelings on this subject with both TCM and its fans. Some have expressed reasons for being displeased with the changes more clearly than others.

Now that is something I can agree with you on. However, it still bothers me when I see a limited amount of posts from people I have never seen post before. Now maybe I am just not going to the threads where these people are posting. But there have been many chances over the past three years to write about changes that have been made to this website and or other changes and when I start to see people post with low post counts I then start to get curious as to where they have been hiding.

If you have more thoughts on the subject of this thread, please post, post, and post again. If you don't, please stop your nonsense about a negative post conspiracy and your *attacks* on people with low post counts. Just consider the possibility that there is a lot of negativity coming from posters because something negative was done to a lot of people today in the form of the questionable redesign of this web site.

First of all I am not attacking anyone. I am merely asking questions.

And I have just as much a right to ask questions as you are to complain about the changes to the message board.

Now I might add that you bringing up the word "attack" is usually the first thing a "troll" would write to someone when they feel that what they are writing is not being agreed to. This happens time and time again. When honest, long-time members here disagree with one another on this message board the word "attack" is never used in any reply or rebuttal. It has been used countless times by those who like to cause trouble here or who like to change user names because they can't find enough enjoyment out of being just one person.

Something to think about going forward.

This is the first major graphical overhaul of the TCM website and these message boards, TCM City, in about five years. Over the years, there have been smaller upgrades.

Whether major overhauls or small ones, they always bring some form of change. If past experience is any indication, some of the glitches we are experiencing will likely be fixed by the web team. When relaunching a website or a message board, you try to plan for every glitch only to find out that its not that easy to plan for.

Mistakes in code happen and get fixed. Sometimes not. ( What should have been a small, inconsequential upgrade a few years completely rejiggered the way photos could be posted in the General Discussion forum)

Other times, rallying to bring back a popular feature has been successful. Sometimes, enough people that don't like a particular new feature will be heard and that new feature can be retired. (ie the old "Watch this Poster" function that felt more like "Stalk this Poster").

My point is that, hopefully, over the next few days the glitches will get fixed and the Web Team will read this thread, the one in Hot Topics and the ones in the Tech Forum and work their magic.

One thing being a long-time poster here has taught me is that having patience, using some tact and decorum when expressing an opinion about a favorite function that has disappeared and is wanted back can yield results that we all want.

These message boards only host a small fraction of the audience that visits the website, visits the CFU or watches the channel.

Many people register at TCM.com not to visit the message boards but to check out the games, the schedule, the database and many other treasures.

On any given day, there can be more guests lurking here at TCM City than those who are regular posters. It's a big website and many who have registered over the years aren't regular posters.

But, when change comes to the TCM website, they do what long-term posters do, they register their displeasure by coming here and posting about the changes that aren't working or that affect the way they interact with the website and ultimately with TCM.

If the past major upgrade to the entire site is any indication, TCM is listening.

Here's hoping that having a little patience pays off for all concerned.

As one of those people that fxreyman is aiming at, I'll respond to him directly.

My name is Andy Moursund. I live in Kensington, Maryland. I owned a used book shop for 23 years and am now retired and have more time to watch TCM than ever before. It's one of life's little joys, and I've touted its virtues to everyone I know. If you find it somehow important to know more about me, you can go to one of my websites, www.georgetownbookshop.com, and read the Washington Post article that appeared about me and my shop. I mention this only because you seemed to question the authenticity of my identity. You can now know a lot more about my identity than I know, or care to know, about yours.

Well that was nice of you to do. Nice to make your acquaintance. Well here is the funny thing about all that you just wrote Andy. That was totally unnecessary for you to write. Did you know that on your profile page here at TCM you can write down any amount of info and let it be seen by anyone? You can list your name, where you live, what you do for a living, what movies you like and so on. You can also write a little bio about yourself. You should check it out.

And yes I was questioning the authenticity of your identity. You see we have had many problems with posters around here who have come and gone and restarted as posters masquerading as new posters.

I've been watching TCM since I switched to Direct TV in 2001, and I switched to FIOS only last year because a storm caused the satellite to fail for two weeks while TCM was showing some of my favorite films. I've never posted here before, both because I also have other interests, and because up to now I've had nothing to complain about. I'm a fan of film noir, pre-code films, silent movies, and foreign movies, and with tastes like that, it's only natural that I would gravitate to the finest cable network on Earth. In spite of my loathing of this new format, I consider TCM to be one of our country's greatest cultural resources, and the only reason I'm complaining about the new format is that I want it to be the best website as well as the best movie network. It's a criticism that stems from love, not because I'm a born nitpicker. These are serious structural problems, not nits.

Well sure they are and I agree with you. But did it ever occur to you that TCM could still be working out the bugs of the new format? I mean I can understand the frustration from people like yourself who enjoyed the way the website looked yesterday. But my god, when all of this started to happen this morning you would have thought that everyone had been looking over the new website for hours before starting to voice their concerns. And that was NOT the case not even by a long shot.

I speak for myself and myself alone, and I don't know any of the other people here who've been voicing similar complaints about the re-formatting of the schedule pages. I have no idea why you felt it necessary to engage in such personal innuendo about the identity of those of us who've criticized this dreadful new format, but I'll leave the answer of that to you. And I do wish that you'd address the topic at hand and leave the *personal attacks* out of it. Thank you.

As I replied to TCMFAN1983, I always find it curious when someone starts to use the word "attack". In this case you have been the second person tonight to use that word in a reply to me, the first was TCMFAN1983. And that IS disturbing.

Because when someone chooses to use that word, then that usually is meant as a code word or phrase for:

*"I do not care to argue this point further with you because you are disagreeing with me, and therefore you are personally attacking me".*

And that is usually a phrase or wording that "trolls" have used when they feel that the conversation is not going there way. I am not saying that you are a troll. I am saying that my asking questions about the identity of posters here today was not and should not be construed as an attack on your person.

fxreyman: You defined an increasingly narrow group of participants in this discussion (targeting) and made accusations questioning their involvement with the discussion (attacks) because they weren't in agreement with you. You fit your own definition of a "troll", and I find dealing with you upsetting and a poor use of time and energy so I will be using the Ignore feature on you now.

lzcutter: Thank you for your positive outlook and understanding that some people aren't very active on the forums until something goes wrong. We're not evil, or possessed, just disappointed. Hopefully patience will be rewarded as you suggested. I'm certainly not about to abandon TCM.com overnight, and I wouldn't have come here to post my thoughts if I thought it wouldn't have any chance of making a difference.

Very well said Lynn!

Even this ole' boy could learn a thing or two or three from what you have written.

Well maybe if you had spent a little more time here on the message boards over the time that you have been a member here, you would have come to agree with much of what I have written here today. It is not surprising that you have stated what you have written. Not surprising at all.

But maybe you are right. Maybe I should have just gone on as if nothing was wrong today.

But guess what? That is not in my nature. I ask questions. Sometimes my posts are deleted by the administrators. If you feel that somehow I have violated some part of the code of conduct, please by all means report me to the web administrators.

I can take it.

P.S. Your stating that you are placing me On Ignore is exactly what has happened to me every time I have ever had a disagreement with a "troll".

Edited by: fxreyman on Mar 9, 2011 10:54 PM

fxreyman, there's little point in taking this any further, since you seem to be more interested in casting aspersions on some of us than you are in addressing the substance of what many of us have been saying, including more than a few frequent posters.

If you like the new format, more power to you. If you like having to click on 300 pages to get simple plot summaries for 300 different movies, I can only admire your energy. If knowing what Leonard Maltin thinks about Ten Cents A Dance is more important than knowing who's in it, then I guess we just have different priorities and expectations. Personally, I'd rather just know what the movie's about and who's in it, then make up my own mind, without having to navigate off the page for each and every film. I'd much prefer watching Brent and Arthur spar over Body and Brains.

So far you've had little to say of substance other than "Be patient." That's fine advice, but if nobody lets TCM know what we think about these changes, the chances are that they'll assume we're all fine with them, which we're not. I'll leave it at that, and go back to watching Arthur.

*"I just want to know where these people have been. Where have they been hiding?"* - fxreyman

Rey, they're the "guests" who come to lurk and linger and read but choose not to engage. The low post count should not be used to determine if a member has some sort of legitimacy to complain or ask for revisions. It is really an unfair inference. From what I've seen many registered here long ago - even before someone like me. They have obviously been around tcm.com for quite awhile. Their feedback on the changes that appeared today is as important and valuable as anyone elses. Plus the changes they've found are not just to these Forums.

There has been a drastic overhaul of the online schedule(s). Many visitors to the site use those on a regular basis and have come to expect a certain level of information from those pages. As it stands today, the schedule requires new actions and steps to access the information that was clearly visibe before. It was a surprise to everyone this morning when what one has been accustomed to seeing is no longer in front of you in this new format.

I have yet to read a post in this thread that was "out-of-bounds" in its criticism of the changes. What everyone encountered today are not "nits" that they are "picking." This is a much different discussion than hashing over "repeats" or the definition of "TCM's Library." It is time to quit this innuendo that all posters with a small posting history have nefarious or disruptive motives with their presence today. It isnt true and it isn't fair.

Kyle In Hollywood

fxreyman, there's little point in taking this any further, since you seem to be more interested in casting aspersions on some of us than you are in addressing the substance of what many of us have been saying, including more than a few frequent posters.

First of all I have been trying for the last hour or so to respond to those of you who have replied to me, like yourself. Second of all I did write earlier about my thoughts on the new format. Unfortunately for some of the responses here today, those responses have been a knee-jerk reaction to what you have all seen today. Almost willing to suggest that you are so disappointed with the new changes but unwilling to let TCM fix the glitches that almost always accompanies such wide and far reaching changes. *See what lzcutter wrote an hour or so ago.*

If you like the new format, more power to you. If you like having to click on 300 pages to get simple plot summaries for 300 different movies, I can only admire your energy. If knowing what Leonard Maltin thinks about Ten Cents A Dance is more important than knowing who's in it, then I guess we just have different priorities and expectations. Personally, I'd rather just know what the movie's about and who's in it, then make up my own mind, without having to navigate off the page for each and every film. I'd much prefer watching Brent and Arthur spar over Body and Brains.

For one thing I do not need to know who is in a film to know if I am going to watch it or not. And if I have to click "ONCE" on the title of a film which will take me to a page that will tell me who directed the film and wrote it and has a listing of the major cast members then that is all I need.

Most of the time just seeing what is listed is enough for me. But then again I do not sit around each month holding my breath until the next schedule is published so I can plan my television viewing for the next month, or in the case of some people here, the next three months.

So far you've had little to say of substance other than "Be patient." That's fine advice, but if nobody lets TCM know what we think about these changes, the chances are that they'll assume we're all fine with them, which we're not. I'll leave it at that, and go back to watching Arthur.

Well that is all fine and dandy. I never said that people should withhold their judgment. What I did say was the following:

*Overall I'd have to say that the website is easier to move around and gather information. And to a potential member that might consider joining up that is more likely what the admins were trying to accomplish.*

*Now to the rest of you it probably was not as important. Because lets face it, the message boards and the rest of the website will be used by the rest of us whether we like the changes or not. As some of you have suggested, TCM listens to complaints and they will probably over time listen and then make tweaks or changes to this new format change.*

*I am not trying to defend what they did with this new change. All I am saying is give them some time to work out the bugs and for a change, try and give the new format a try. I mean, lets face it, where else are you all going to go and still get all of this information that you have available to you all in one place?*

You are right.

I am wrong.

Sorry, I will discontinue this charade right now.

*Rey, they're the "guests" who come to lurk and linger and read but choose not to engage. The low post count should not be used to determine if a member has some sort of legitimacy to complain or ask for revisions. It is really an unfair inference. From what I've seen many registered here long ago - even before someone like me. They have obviously been around tcm.com for quite awhile. Their feedback on the changes that appeared today is as important and valuable as anyone elses. Plus the changes they've found are not just to these Forums.

There has been a drastic overhaul of the online schedule(s). Many visitors to the site use those on a regular basis and have come to expect a certain level of information from those pages. As it stands today, the schedule requires new actions and steps to access the information that was clearly visible before. It was a surprise to everyone this morning when what one has been accustomed to seeing is no longer in front of you in this new format.*

Thank you, Kyle, I appreciate that. And FWIW, while I've never posted on these message boards before, I've probably spent a good half hour a day for the past several years visiting the TCM website, which until yesterday was the most user-friendly website I can think of. I can only hope that those in charge pay attention to what's been said here, and see to it that the easily accessible information contained on the old schedule pages is incorporated into the new format, even if that means we have to navigate to another page to find out what Leonard Maltin thinks.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. He has a slight, and completely

harmless, case of paranoia. ;)

Thank you for your courteous and kind comments, and to all the other members as well who have been more welcoming to those of us who do not have as many posts to our names as others. I was finding it disconcerting and even felt that it was a bit hostile to assume that I and others who rarely post would be considered trolls or troublemakers. That's not very conducive to engaging in productive discussions, I feel.

I was an occasional viewer of this forum long before I registered, and I was registered long before I began posting. Sometimes it can be a little daunting to wade into what are long established online "relationships" and not feel like you are whistling in the wind with whatever comments you might provide. I'm still wading. :-)

As to the new format, yes, it is a little jarring and will take some getting used to, but I'm willing to give it a try. Unlike others, when it comes to the schedule, I do like to see a synopsis and cast members at a glance and then investigate further by clicking on the title if I feel I need to. Although I am a long-time viewer of TCM and lover of old films, there are many that are new to me and having a brief synopsis and some cast members at the ready is a great help, especially if a favorite actor of mine is appearing in a film that is unknown to me, like Irene Dunne in "Symphony for Six Million" that will air tomorrow morning. New to me and one that I will now make time for as opposed to one I might have overlooked.

One other thing that is different for me in this format, is that in the past, if you brought up the page of an actor, to the right of the biography were all the films they would be appearing in for the next few months. This has changed, and will show only a handful of films. But, I also discovered that if I search within the schedule for an actors name, you will be directed to a page with all their appearances. For example, when I brought up Bette Davis' bio page, there were only a handful of films listed in the "upcoming films" box and only through March, but in the seach of the schedule, it listed about 20 films, all the way into June. So, it's a different way for me to find this information, but at least it's there.

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}

> *"I just want to know where these people have been. Where have they been hiding?"* - fxreyman

>

> Rey, they're the "guests" who come to lurk and linger and read but choose not to engage. The low post count should not be used to determine if a member has some sort of legitimacy to complain or ask for revisions. It is really an unfair inference.

I am not able to read or post as often as others because of health reasons. I usually come to the boards when I need some information. So thanks Kyle, for pointing out that we should not all be judged by a post count.

>

> There has been a drastic overhaul of the online schedule(s). Many visitors to the site use those on a regular basis and have come to expect a certain level of information from those pages. As it stands today, the schedule requires new actions and steps to access the information that was clearly visibe before. It was a surprise to everyone this morning when what one has been accustomed to seeing is no longer in front of you in this new format.

>

I discovered the new format just a few minutes ago when my web page of today's schedule (which had already been loaded yesterday in the old format) refreshed at midnight. I miss having all the movie descriptions expanded at once. I liked being able to scan through the web page quickly to see what movies I was interested in. Having to expand each move description one-by-one is going to be cumbersome. There are some interesting new features, however.

Does the new web page format include an icon if the movie is a TCM Premiere? I have been wanting that for some time. I just subscribed to Now Playing this year and got my first issue in February. I guess because it was 31 Days of Oscar, it had TCM Premiere icons throughout the listings. I notice the March issue only has the icon in the primetime grid in the middle, which I guess is the norm. Why not put the icon throughout all the listings as they did in February? It's just one more icon to add to the 4-5 icons they already are using throughout the entire listings in the issue. It's very useful information.

Robbie

Where's the "Suggest a Movie" page???

I'd also like to see the 3 month (4, counting the hidden one) schedules restored and as accessible as they were before.

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote}

> I agree 100%. I logged in today and thought I'd somehow ended up on the wrong website. I had no idea this was coming. I try not to be a complainer, but , I hate this ! What was wrong with the old message board the way it was? Now it looks cluttery and confusing.

I was trying to figure out what I didn't like about the new look and feel, and your description hits it exactly! Too "cluttered."

I almost had a panic attack when I saw the new web page. My first thought was, "how am I going to be able to use this new page?" I don't have time to be expanding movies individually. I liked being able to see all the descriptions at once for a day on one page.

I'm not complaining myself about not knowing about the change--I am not able to read the message boards often enough to stay fully informed. But even if we didn't know about the change, we should still be able to make comments and suggestions. There are those of us who use the online schedule regularly but cannot keep up with the message boards. I don't believe there is a TCM law, as some seem to be implying, that says "if you use the online schedule, you have to read all the message boards or else you forfeit your right to make comments or criticisms."

Robbie