Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Problems with the Upgrade

I am unable to reproduce the Remind Me issue being discussed. Can those you experiencing this issue, please let me know which browser this is happening in?

I was told that the new issues with replying that I stated in my previous post was due to the update to bring Preview Post and Save Now back to normal. They had to remove that update for Internet Explorer 8 users for now and will investigate that further after the next coding version is implemented. When that will be, is still unknown but they reassured me that I will be told.

voranis, What system are you using? What is your processor speed? What browser are you using? This might help to determine your issue.

Thanks again everyone,

-Renee

For TCMwebadmin, any chance you could add the genre to the monthly printable schedule? It would be nice to have this posted, maybe under the start time for the movie. Of course, this would be after all the other bugs have been corrected. Thanks.

*I am unable to reproduce the Remind Me issue being discussed. Can those you experiencing this issue, please let me know which browser this is happening in?*

Renee,

I am using Firefox. I am hoping that I won't be told I have to use Internet Explorer in order to use the Remind Me feature at the Database.

The problem should be fixed so that no matter what browser one is using, they can use the Remind Me function without a problem.

I will test it in Firefox then and capture screenshots if needed.

The following has been fixed for users in IE8 with the following:

1. Double reply box - now gone

2. Post now - no more pop ups

While trying to fix the following issues, the above issues were created. This has placed the following issues back to investigation for IE8 users to find a better solution:

1. Preview Button

2. Save Now Button - make it function

3. Spellcheck box

4. Use Draft option

I will update more as I get them.

Thanks everyone!

-Renee

As usual, I was sent back to the forum index the first time I hit the reply button and had to navigate back to this thread to try again. That is so obnoxious.

Renee: You probably can't reproduce the problem with the Remind Me page because they appear to have partially fixed it. The box is now appearing in the middle of the page again for me in both Firefox and Opera. Two other parts of that feature that were working fine up until a few days ago are still broken now though:

1) Before, you could click anywhere on the page outside of the Remind Me box to close that box. Now you are forced to either submit the form and hit either the big "close" button that shows up or the tiny link in the corner OR just close it using the tiny "close" link in the corner of the box without submitting anything. Since multiple future air dates are still not available on the DB pages, I am using the Remind Me feature to get the full list of future air dates. Once I am done checking that list, I want to close the box as easily as possible. It is now more difficult to do that.

2) Before, if the Remind Me box was up on top of a DB page, I could just hit the Back button in my browser to get back to the Monthly schedule. Now I have to hit back TWICE every time. In fact, if I open the Remind Me box and and then close it (whether or not I submit my e-mail), I still have to hit back twice every time to return to the schedule. This is quite irritating and continues to demonstrate the incompetence of the people responsible for these problems.

I have to wonder if they're enjoying breaking twice as many things as they're fixing around the site. Certainly anybody that continues to get paid for being terrible at their jobs must have something to be happy about.

On another topic, most of the short films haven't been showing up in the schedule for days. I like to watch some of those and have been stuck manually setting up my DVR to record all of the gaps between films so that I don't miss an obscure one that I'm interested in.

> {quote:title=tcmfan1983 wrote:}{quote}

> As usual, I was sent back to the forum index the first time I hit the reply button and had to navigate back to this thread to try again. That is so obnoxious.

Are you sure you were officially signed onto the board before you hit "reply"?

When I first come on the board, but if I don't sign back on, whenever I first hit "reply" I'm signed on automatically and sent back to the forum index page. But if I come on the board and sign on first, then the "reply" button works the first time I try it.

Remember back in the old days, over two years ago, when you could get signed on to the boards without losing your place or being whisked over to the forum page? Boy, that sure would be nice to have corrected....

while we are mentioning things that are broke.

*FredCDobbs*

*YAY! "Expand All" works for me too!!*

*JackFavell*

*Remember back in the old days,...*

This reminds me of basic training, when you are stripped naked and then given back your underwear. Some of the guys felt so greatful. They thought something really special had happened...

Fred: That's certainly part of the problem. My browser is open at all times and there is currently a tab I keep open on the forums. Unfortunately, the way this site works I keep getting logged out automatically.

The automatic log-outs alone don't make sense because I always have the forum open, and since I can clearly be logged back in automatically when the site feels like it the whole situation is even more absurd. I've never been on any other message boards that don't immediately log users back in automatically the instant they open any page on the boards (unless the user opted out of having their login info remembered of course). On here though, it doesn't do the auto-login until the user performs an action it thinks requires an account, such as posting. Then as I've been mentioning it fails to bring the user back to where they were before the auto-login takes place. This is another problem that I've never seen on other boards since in the few cases other sites do ask for login info (such as logging in from a new computer or a different browser) they take you back to exactly where you were trying to go when it asked for the login info.

I hope I'm in the right place for this comment. I would appreciate it if the full month schedule for Canada could be brought back. It's frustrating having the listing for the month, however it doesn't match up with what's actually playing in Canada.

> {quote:title=tcmfan1983 wrote:}{quote}

> Fred: That's certainly part of the problem. My browser is open at all times and there is currently a tab I keep open on the forums. Unfortunately, the way this site works I keep getting logged out automatically.

>

> The automatic log-outs alone don't make sense because I always have the forum open, and since I can clearly be logged back in automatically when the site feels like it the whole situation is even more absurd. I've never been on any other message boards that don't immediately log users back in automatically the instant they open any page on the boards (unless the user opted out of having their login info remembered of course). On here though, it doesn't do the auto-login until the user performs an action it thinks requires an account, such as posting. Then as I've been mentioning it fails to bring the user back to where they were before the auto-login takes place. This is another problem that I've never seen on other boards since in the few cases other sites do ask for login info (such as logging in from a new computer or a different browser) they take you back to exactly where you were trying to go when it asked for the login info.

Yes, I keep a browser open on the TCM forums page too and yet I still get logged out, sometimes after only an hour or two, and then when I go to post, it logs me in, but still kicks me to the main forum page. This is a problem they really ought to be able to fix, and they should fix.

Robbie

>>Yes, I keep a browser open on the TCM forums page too and yet I still get logged out, sometimes after only an hour or two...

You're lucky, I get logged out after just 15 minutes. It used to be a half-hour, but this is ridiculous. I have tabs open to six other message boards at any given moment and this is the only site that insists on kicking me off.

Some items listed in TCM's printed guide, Now Playing, are not showing up in the online schedule.

For example, Now Playing shows Markheim from 1956 starring Ray Milland airing at 5:30 a.m. on the morning of Wednesday, April 20. This did not appear in the online schedule, even though it is airing on TCM as I write this.

Starting Saturday, April 23, Now Playing shows the serial Buck Rogers starting at 11 a.m., with Chapter One, Tomorrow's World, airing at 11 a.m. and Chapter Two, Tragedy on Saturn, airing at 11:30 a.m. Neither of these appears in the TCM online schedule. Two more Buck Rogers series are listed in Now Playing for Saturday, April 30, starting at 11 a.m. and these do not appear in the online schedule either.

These items are not 5-minute shorts used as filler at the end of a movie. These are significant shows that have been scheduled to start on the hour or on the half-hour. If these items are significant enough to appear in Now Playing, especially considering one is part of the Ray Milland Star of the Month tribute, and the other is the introduction of a new weekly Saturday morning serial, they should appear in the online schedule.

Robbie

Renee,

The daily and weekly listings for the PST time zone are wrong. I am using Firefox on both a Mac and PC and the listings for the PST are off by three hours.

Tonight, it says that *Susan Slade* starts at 6:00 when, in fact, it starts at 9:00.

Tomorrow, *Gunga Din* is scheduled at 2:00 pm for the West Coast and it is part of *The Essentials* and should be airing at 5:00.

The schedule is wrong for the whole next week for the PST time zone.

Is there any way this can get fixed, like, now?

And why are the fixes taking so long? In about two weeks it will have been two months since the upgrade and some of these problems (like the schedule times and dates for months that have 31 days) should have been fixed weeks ago!

Edited by: lzcutter because the problem actually started today

> {quote:title=voranis wrote:}{quote} Starting Saturday, April 23, Now Playing shows the serial Buck Rogers starting at 11 a.m., with Chapter One, Tomorrow's World, airing at 11 a.m. and Chapter Two, Tragedy on Saturn, airing at 11:30 a.m. Neither of these appears in the TCM online schedule.

The problem appears to be only on the schedule here. I just checked DirecTV's on-screen schedule and both episodes are on that one. Since the 9:30 movie is 87 minutes and will be done by 11:00 and the next movie doesn't start until noon, that's gotta be right. I didn't look for next week, but it's probably the same thing.

I, for one, vote strongly for the return of the three month schedule. A printed copy makes it much easier to set my VCR, (yes I still use one, then burn it onto a DVD) Even if the three month shedule doesn't come back, can you fix it so the monthly schedule can be changed to match my time zone. Not everyone lives on the east coast.

Thank you.

> {quote:title=markfp2 wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=voranis wrote:}{quote} Starting Saturday, April 23, Now Playing shows the serial Buck Rogers starting at 11 a.m., with Chapter One, Tomorrow's World, airing at 11 a.m. and Chapter Two, Tragedy on Saturn, airing at 11:30 a.m. Neither of these appears in the TCM online schedule.

>

> The problem appears to be only on the schedule here. I just checked DirecTV's on-screen schedule and both episodes are on that one. Since the 9:30 movie is 87 minutes and will be done by 11:00 and the next movie doesn't start until noon, that's gotta be right. I didn't look for next week, but it's probably the same thing.

I was aware that the problem is only in the TCM online schedule. And I already know that the serial shows up in the schedule of other TV listing services for the next two weeks, including Zap2It, IMDB, and TitanTV. I am trying to get TCM to fix the problem in their own online schedule.

This is supposed to be the thread for that, isn't it?

This is not a style complaint. This is a complaint that valid, significant content that is listed in the printed guide, Now Playing, is not being included in the TCM online schedule. These are not 5-minute shorts used for filler at the end of a movie; these are major items that are scheduled to begin on the hour and half-hour.

Renee, why has there been no acknowledgement to my complaint as to whether the developers agree it is a problem and are going to look into it?

Robbie

V, good luck on specific complaints receiving specific acknowledgement. Look at what they've done to the schedule - blown it all up with the EXPAND ALL. People asked for expanded synopsis, but instead they get Leonard Maltin's paragraphs of blathering PLUS inches of ad space for each and every DVD. That used to be a convenient Shopping Icon - now it consumes more and more screen space!

MY SPECIFIC COMPLAINT: I log in from LA after midnight, but I can't see current listings for After Midnight Shows.

That's because TCM's website considers "After Midnight" to be The Following Day BUT TCM's Schedule only displays "Following Day" to be 5:30 or 6 a.m.

So, logging in at 1:15 a.m. doesn't display a Currently Showing Schedule, or even the next two films. But only films 4-5-6 hours away.

TCM - figure this out - either start your Schedule's Next Day at midnight, or sync up Current Showings with TIME, NOT your version of "Today's Date Is..."

And why doesn't this string work as a saved link:

*"http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.html?tz=pst"*

Why can't your website acknowledge a saved Time-Zone Value and respond accordingly?

Your website programmers seem only to be worth a few bananas.

Not much of a poster though an avid TCM viewer. Actually don't think I've posted anything since TCM vacated the analog big dish - which prompted my switch to cable.

Anyhow, read through all the postings in this thread & see many others are as concerned as I about the dissappearance of the 3 month schedule. I also saw someone else had asked that the genre be added to the monthly info. I have wished for that also and would appreciate the addition of a TEXT genre class. Also not a fan of all the space that the Maltin reviews are taking in the daily listings and wish those were optional. FWIW, how I use the monthly listings: select all, copy & paste to notepad then do minor format editing in Word before committing the schedule to an Excel spreadsheet for actual movie selection.

It is now at the end of the April and I can not get to May (or June) for scheduling. Pain.