Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Do These Four Films Have In Common

Thanks. What do these films have in common?

*Topper Returns* with Roland Young

*Tarzan Finds A Son* with Johnny Weismuller

*Blackjack Ketchum, Desperado* with Howard Duff

*Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars* with David Bowie

This one should be a little tougher than usual. The answer has nothing to do with the casts, music, or directors. Let's see if anyone can get it without another hint.

We've had:

*Topper Returns* with Roland Young

*Tarzan Finds A Son* with Johnny Weismuller

*Blackjack Ketchum, Desperado* with Howard Duff

*Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars* with David Bowie

Now let's add:

*Champion* with Kirk Douglas

*The Silver Streak* with Gene Wilder

*Silent Trigger* with Dolph Lundgren

Now, is it becoming more clear?

Here's some more movies for you, Miles:

"Tony Rome " with Frank Sinatra

"Duel At Diablo" with James Garner

"The Last Boy Scout" with Bruce Willis"

"Koko-nuts" with The Marx Brothers" ?

Horses in the titles..

Mudskipper got it. Each title contained the name of a horse owned by a famous movie cowboy. I guess my additional hint probably gave it away. In case you're wondering, here is the list of horses and cowboys:

Topper - William "Hopalong Cassidy" Boyd

Tarzan - Ken Maynard

Blackjack - Allan "Rocky" Lane

Stardust - Randolph Scott

Silver - Clayton "Lone Ranger" Moore

Champion - Gene Autry

Trigger - Roy Rogers

Muddy's list would be:

Tony - Tom Mix

Diablo - Duncan Renaldo ( The Cisco Kid)

Koko - Rex Allen

Scout - Jay Silverheels ( Tonto)

I just wanted to put you all in the mood to watch TCM on Fridays in July. Last week featured Roy Rogers. Tonight, it's Gene Autry. If you watch "Back In The Saddle", look for a young singer named Mary Lee. Gene referred to her as his "Little Darlin". She made quite a few movies with Gene, usually playing a girl named Patsy. When Gene went into the army, she appeared with other cowboys. She was seen last week in "The Cowboy And The Senorita" as the younger sister of Dale Evans. In Gene's later movies, in the early fifties, he often featured Gail Davis, who would do on to be television's "Annie Oakley".

I'm a little surprised it took this long for someone to get the right answer. I thought maybe our little prairie flower for Kansas, cujas, might know it, or that old buckaroo, and I do mean old, Metz, might come up with it. After all, he was around when horses were the main form of transportation. Good job, Skipper. It's your turn now.

Thanks. The last clue did it. When I saw Trigger and Champion, I went back and there was Topper and Blackjack...and I heard Metz is saving a lot on gasoline by using his old horse and buggy...(just kidding).

Next--What particular roles do these four actresses have in common ?

1) Vera Miles

2) Carolyn Jones

3) Jean Hagen

4) Glynis Johns

Verrrry good, Fi. That's it....Vera Miles in "The FBI Story"(1959) , Carolyn Jones in "How The West Was Won"(1962) , Jean Hagen in "Carbine Williams"(1952), and Glynis Johns in "Dear Brigitte"(1965) ....Your thread.

I'm sorry, my mistake. You're right, Terrence and thanks for reminding me.... Actually, now that you mentioned it, when the movie first came out I remember thinking James Stewart was a little too old for Carroll Baker...Now that time is creeping up on me, seeing the same last names in the movie, I just assumed that Carolyn Jones played his wife..I guess I should have played it safe and just picked June Allyson or Doris Day instead, but I wanted the question to be a little harder...Anyway, Fi gave the right answer in spite of my question being wrong, he still has the thread...