Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Do These Four Films Have In Common


sfpcc1
 Share

Recommended Posts

> {quote:title=lavenderblue19 wrote:}{quote}what do these *8* films have in common- it's a prop- what's a prop used in all these films?

>

> *The Bishop's Wife*

> *Mr. Lucky*

> *Miracle In The Rain*

> *Some Like It Hot*

>

> *Mr Smith Goes To Washington*

> *Scarface* (Paul Muni version)

> *No Country For Old Men*

> *It's A Wonderful World*

 

 

 

 

A coin being tossed or flipped?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, Musical, coins- Love the reference in *Some Like It Hot* to Raft's tossing the coin in *Scarface* and saying to EdG's son when he tosses the coin 'where'd you pick up that cheap trick?' (Ha). I'm sure there are many more, these are the ones that came to mind., so Thanks for getting this one because I was tapped out! It's your thread.

 

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Oct 1, 2011 5:54 PM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> {quote:title=lavenderblue19 wrote:}{quote}Yes, Musical, coins- Love the reference in *Some Like It Hot* to Raft's tossing the coin in *Scarface* and saying to EdG's son when he tosses the coin 'where'd you pick up that cheap trick?' (Ha). I'm sure there are many more, these are the ones that came to mind., so Thanks for getting this one because I was tapped out! It's your thread.

>

Okay, give me a day or two to think of something inspired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cujas, this is the 3rd time I've tried to post this. I think there was also a scene in *Band Wagon* during Astaires and Cyd Charisses's dance, a gangster lures Cyd away from Fred when he tosses a coin, probably another reference to George Raft.(ha) Glad you reminded us.

 

Musical do you want the thread, or leave it open for someone else?

 

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Oct 3, 2011 3:38 PM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> {quote:title=lavenderblue19 wrote:

> }{quote}Musical do you want the thread, or leave it open for someone else?

Let's toss a coin for it!

No, really, I'm ready...

Here are 4 new ones:

 

Three Stooges short MEN IN BLACK (1934)

HANDS ACROSS THE TABLE (1935)

Warner Bros. cartoon MALIBU BEACH PARTY (1941)

Three Stooges short CRIME ON THEIR HANDS (1948)

 

Find something they all have in common.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> {quote:title=musicalnovelty wrote:

> }{quote}Here are 4 new ones:

>

> Three Stooges short MEN IN BLACK (1934)

> HANDS ACROSS THE TABLE (1935)

> Warner Bros. cartoon MALIBU BEACH PARTY (1941)

> Three Stooges short CRIME ON THEIR HANDS (1948)

>

>

> Find something they all have in common.

>

 

It's been a week now...no guesses yet?

A clue (or at least a hopefully helpful hint): All four of these are viewable on YouTube.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...