Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Do These Four Films Have In Common

Thanks. These four films were all directed by John Ford, and several actors were in more than one of them, but they have something else in common. The four are:

The Lost Patrol (1934)

Submarine Patrol (1938)

Fort Apache (1948)

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon (1949)

What else do they have in common?

Yes, Quincannon was played by J.M. Kerrigan in "The Lost Patrol" and J. Farrell McDonald in "Submarine Patrol". In "Fort Apache", the part of Sgt. Quincannon was played by Dick Foran. In Ford's next two cavalry movies, "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon", and "Rio Grande", the part was played by Victor McLaglen. Victor McLaglen had been in both "The Lost Patrol" and "Fort Apache", but in other roles. Oh yes, Tony Martin starred as "Quincannon, Frontier Scout" around 1956. Your thread, muddy.

> {quote:title=mr6666 wrote:

> }{quote}-hint?

It's hard to think of a hint for these.

But I hope this will make sense and be helpful:

These films gave each of their stars a chance to stretch their acting talents beyond what they were generally known for. But in each of these films we also got to see each of the stars as they were best known.

> {quote:title=mudskipper wrote:

> }{quote}All the leads play a double role or are mistaken for and resembles someone else in the movie..

That's almost it. I had something more specific in mind. But to get the thread moving, I'll reveal it and let you take over.

I had in mind that all four of those films are comedies in which the star plays two roles: both a nice normal guy but also a tough gangster.

1. Lloyd Hamilton (Educational Pictures comedy short).

2. El Brendel (Fox feature).

3. Buster Keaton (French-produced feature).

4. Edward G. Robinson (Columbia feature).