Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Do These Four Films Have In Common

Well folks, I'm ashamed of myself. Good question Miles....truth is I had meant Hattie McDaniel in the hint not Leslie Howard. Answer is Hattie McDaniel was in Maryland in 1940, Leigh in Waterloo Bridge, Gable in Comrade X and DeHavillland in Santa Fe Trail. I must need a vacation or something,

Do you want the thread? if not... I'll be back.:)

Edited by: Edythevanhopper on Jan 29, 2012 12:02 PM

Sorry, not the answer I was looking for. Look at the casts of each film. One cast member of each film, who is fairly early in his or her career, did something that is a little unique. Obviously, it wasn't really unheard of, because four different people did it.

You got it, Mr. sixes. Anne Shirley had been a child actress using the name Dawn O'Day. She took the name of her character in "Anne Of Green Gables" as her professional name for the rest of her career. Gig Young did the same with his character in "The Gay Sisters". His real name was Byron Barr, but there was already a character actor with that name, so he went with Gig Young for the rest of his career. In "The Caine Mutiny", a young actress named Donna Lee Hickey played the part of May Wynn, the fiance of Ensign Willie Keith. It marked a turning point in her acting career, so she took the name of her character. "Battle Cry" was the first movie for the actor who portrayed a character named L.Q. Jones. He liked the name and adopted it as his professional name. I kind of liked his original name, Justus McQueen. Your turn now, sixes.