Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Do These Four Films Have In Common

I did the best I could with this one. I haven't seen the films in a long while.Other than my original aanswer of NE locations of Connecticut and Ma. as locations, don't know what you're looking for as the answer. As an aside, *Ah, Wilderness* was filmed in the surrounding towns of where I lived for 35 years. The film *The Gazebo* was too!

> {quote:title=lavenderblue19 wrote:

> }{quote}I did the best I could with this one. I haven't seen the films in a long while.Other than my original aanswer of NE locations of Connecticut and Ma. as locations, don't know what you're looking for as the answer. As an aside, *Ah, Wilderness* was filmed in the surrounding towns of where I lived for 35 years.

That was very close: the answer is that all four of the movies had location filming in Massachusetts. (I decided I'd be a wise guy and follow the previous question, which was location filming in Connecticut, with one for which the answer is filming locations in Massachusetts).

Maybe it was too tricky because one can pretty easily research that three of the movies had Mass. location shooting, but for THE MAN IN THE NET it is not widely documented that parts of it were filmed in Mass. As noted in the previous answer it had location filming in Connecticut but it's only because the Mass. location is local to me that I've learned about it many years ago. Also I was good friends with actress Susan Gordon who played one of the children in the movie and in doing a lot of research for her on her films, along with info she had on it, I learned of the Mass. location. It was a place in Framingham, Mass. called Raceland. (Coincidentally one of the Conn. locations mentioned earlier was called Roseland.)

WALK EAST ON BEACON had location filming in Boston (presumably on & around Beacon Street).

MYSTERY STREET had location filming in several Mass. areas including Beacon Hill, Cape Cod, Harvard Square and Harvard University.

AH, WILDERNESS had filming in the city of Worcester and towns of Clinton and Grafton.

That's very interesting. when I lived in Ma. Framingham was just a few miles away.You are a bit of a wiseguy. LOL :) I doubt anyone would have readily found that info. Grafton, Ma was the location for the film *The Gazebo* that is the next town over from where I lived. The actual Gazebo in Grafton center was used for the film. Very NE, very picturesque.

• 5 months later...

4 Swedes in 4 movies

Ingrid--Casablanca

Ann-Margaret--Viva las Vegas

Anita Ekberg--4 for TX

And the original Swede Garbo as Ninoctka

--Lana, looks like you got everybody but Mai Britt

(It's great to answer one of your questions again--it's been awhile.)

Edythe--right! It's amazing they're not better known because they wrote The Thin Man Series, Easter Parade, Father of the Bride--and hold your breathe---It's A Wonderful Life! They were really something.

Edythe, it looks like we're in the US Open --and It's your serve!

Good work,6's. Passing to you. Aside frome Tyrone Power who was rushed to the hospital and later died, the rest had accidents on the set. Thomas Mitchell was thrown from a carriage and suffered a fractured skull. Elizabeth Taylor fell from a horse and suffered a back injury, and Margaret Hamilton suffered severe burns on the set of WOZ when exiting Munchkinland.