Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Do These Four Films Have In Common

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}Hi,

> I did a lot of research on IMDB, and I couldn't find a single actor, director, writer, producer, or studio that worked on all 8 films.

> I can't find any connection at all.

> Maybe you are mistaken.

> Fred

Yes, there definitely is a connection. But it's nothing to do with the actors, directors, writers, producers, or studios.

It's something that happens in each film.

One more movie that also has the same thing in common:

I CAN'T GIVE YOU ANYTHING BUT LOVE, BABY (1940) - Universal comedy feature.

Also, I once saw a live production of the play "Private Lives" and this same thing happened in it. But I don't believe it happens in the 1931 MGM movie version.

That was difficult. This was my first try with this type of puzzle. At first I thought it was just about people who were in the same movies, but things that happened in movies was more difficult to find.

Luckily, I found the 3 Stooges movie on YouTube, and I studied it to see what might be in it: a large pipe wrench, a guy dressed like a lady, a piano, a record, a British taxi horn, and a few other things. Then I remembered the records in Blackboard Jungle. Then I looked up, on Wiki, the play you mentioned and I found the info about the broken record. And I remembered the broken record in one of the Laurel and Hardy movies. :)

But I think that will be the last time I try this kind of puzzle. :)

Adding another to the mix and changing The Best Man to a different film. Look at the casts!

*Mackenna's Gold*

*The Second Time Around*

*Three Hours to Kill*

*The Wheeler Dealers*

*The Joker is Wild*

Edited by: allaboutlana on Oct 9, 2012 9:34 AM

That's an interesting guess (and there might be something like that in "Jason and the Argonauts" if you use a very wide definition of "political.") But I'm thinking of something else.

A certain well-known person contributed a particular talent to all these films (and to many others.)