Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sfpcc1

What Do These Four Films Have In Common

Who was Joe Pasternak's cousin? Since he was Hungarian, I'm guessing it was S.Z. "Cuddles" Sakall.

Better late than never--

We all loved Cuddles--

Miles is yours for the taking--

I could say I saw all these films at the Orpheum Theatre--

but you wouldn't know that, would you?

I think, instead, you want my Grandpa's favorite TV character: Festus/Ken Curtis appeared in all these films.

Yes, Ken Curtis was in all of them. He even directed "The Killer Shrews". Did you know that he was at one time the son-in-law of John Ford? He was in quite a few of Ford's movies. He was also a singer with Tommy Dorsey's orchestra for a short while and was a member of The Sons Of The Pioneers for a few years. Your turn, cujas.

*Johnny Tremain*

*Tonka*

*The Absent-Minded Professor*

*The Love Bug*

Yes--I know they're all Disney productions--But the question concerns a credit all 4 have in common.

Yes it was George Bruns. I use to treasure of 45 I had of the "Tonka" theme. He was quite talented.

Fi's up--

THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR

THE PARENT TRAP

FEAR STRIKES OUT

THE VERDICT

Edited by: finance on May 13, 2011 5:40 PM

OK, what do these films have in commom?

Best Foot Forward (1943)

A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court (1949)

Three Little Words (1950)

Against All Flags (1952)

Don't know what you're asking for,Miles, but I noticed the second word of each title has double letters...

Double letters in the second word? No, mudskipper, I'm not that clever, although I just did it again, twice, No, I'm looking for what you might call a physical attribute, or trait, shared by prominent cast members of each movie. I'll give you a couple more that fit the category: "Damn Yankees" and "Annie". I'll bet someone gets it right away now.

Yes, that's it. Lucille Ball was in "Best Foot Forward", Rhonda Fleming was in "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur;s Court", Arlene Dahl was in "Three Little Words", and Maureen O'Hara was in "Against All Flags". The extra clues were Gwen Verdon in "Damn Yankees" and Aileen Quinn In "Annie". Did you know that Clara Bow and Jeanette MacDonald were also redheads? I didn't pick any of their films because most of Jeanette's movies and, I believe, all of Clara's movies, were in black and white, so very few would have known. Your turn, finance.