Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sfpcc1

What Do These Four Films Have In Common

A member of the cast of each film was the son or daughter of a well-known director. (Natasha Richardson, James Cromwell, Liza Minnelli, Mia Farrow)

The father of those you mentioned was a film director and the mother of each was an actress, was what I was looking for. Your turn, and thanks for playing.

KISS THEM FOR ME

PAPER LION

NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VACATION

GOODBYE, COLUMBUS

Edited by: finance on Jun 8, 2011 4:30 PM

Hint: Once again, look at the casts.

Edited by: finance on Jun 9, 2011 10:02 AM

Edited by: finance on Jun 9, 2011 6:12 PM

All had fashion models as actresses --

KISS THEM FOR ME -- Susy Parker

PAPER LION -- Lauren Hutton

NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VACATION -- Christie Brinkley

GOODBYE, COLUMBUS -- Ali McGraw

...and for each of them, it was her first significant film role. Welcome to the boards, and now you get to come up with one.

COME BACK LITTLE SHEBA

THE SUBJECT WAS ROSES

A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS

THE MIRICLE WORKER

We know that all those movies have actors that won Academy Awards. What else do they have in common?

That is correct. However, I was going more to the actors that recieved the Academy Award in the movie. They all recieved a Tony for the same role. I've got to get better in writing my questions!

Your turn.

*Greenwich Village*

*Something For The Boys*

*Adam's Rib*

*Full of Life*

In this thread, if you are thinking of something more specific than the answer volunteered, feel free to reject the answer. There was nothing wrong with your question.

Yes--Skipper, Miss Holliday was at Fox before Columbia. But Fox didn't know what to do with her.

Skipper is up--

Very good, Phroso. You got it !!...The old song "Beautiful Dreamer" by Stephen Collins Foster was in all the movies...Your thread.

Thanks, mudskipper. The song is also sung by an audiioning Hitler in the 1968 version of *THE PRODUCERS.* Next:

*THE MOUSE THAT ROARED*

*ONE, TWO, THREE*

*APOCALYPSE NOW*

*THE BLUES BROTHERS*

None of the 4 films had original screenplays. All were based on material which first appeared in another medium, but in all 4 cases, extensive changes were made from what was done in the other medium. (e.g, APOCALYPSE NOW was based on the novel "Heart of Darkness", but many changes were made from the novel.)

Well, that's true for the first three screenplays, which I've read the source material for, but it's a stretch to throw *THE BLUES BROTHERS* into this group. The actual answer is a lot simpler and more unique than that. A clue: "Kill the wab-bit/ Kill the wab-bit . . ."

:0 I thought about "Ride of the Valkyries" by Wagner this morning, but I can't find it in "The Mouse That Roared"...

If memory serves, it's played several times when the Fenwick army sails to America for the first time. Since there are at least two diffferent prints of the film (with different narrators), it's possible that the version that you watched may not have the "Ride of the Valkyries" music cue. Either way, "Ride of the Valkyries" is the answer I was looking for and you now have the board. Nice work, mudskipper.