Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hitchcock's " The Birds" (1963)

joefilmone

Computer generated images have become so "cheap" to do now that people seem to think they can improve on a film that was technically difficult in it's day. Of course, that's what made these films out standing. Look at King Kong for example. (forget the monkey suit fiasco please). Visually

stunning but I can't appreciate the computer sequences as much as the "move the ape-take a picture" work involved.

I don't think Hitchcock's film needs any CGI improvements. The combination of real birds and animation are very effective. The key is in using CGI in new films- yes with the right budget film makers can create impressive looking creatures but the results are sometimes less effective than old fashion make up or stop motion animation.

*One of the closing shots Hitchcock considered was them driving across the Golden Gate Bridge with the bridge covered in birds.CGI would have been useful then....*

Fredb,

Hey, Handsome! Long time since last we talked. I've always heard that Hitch really wanted that ending but Universal said not only no, but h*** no. They thought it was too much of a downer and thought the audience needed to leave on a more upbeat scene than one that basically confirmed that the terror would continue.

Hey Yourself Gorgeous, I'm not surprised that they nixed that ending. But I always though that would have been sooo scary with the Golden Gate covered in birds. It still sends shivers down my back thinking about it.....

Love it.... I can see Bruce Willis as NYPD retired John McClane, once more called to save the day and New York from the killer boids. Climbing, covered in boid ka ka.He makes it to the center

of the bridge only to find out that terrorist have trained the pigeons of New York as suicide boids. Once again he must use all his skill and resources { with a cameo by Samuel Jackson } to save his city.....Coming soon "Die "Boids" Hard"

Edited by: fredbaetz on Mar 15, 2011 2:36 AM

*Caca-covered Bruce Willis, I love it!

Fred, you and I should get a small story credit, somewhere, when they do the film!

*Caca is Spanish slang, and while I'm not certain of the correct spelling, Ks are rarely used in Spanish. Perhaps if Arturo reads this, he'll set us straight.