Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thurs Afternoon 4/28 GAY TCM Festivalgoers "MEET & GREET"

moviepalacejunky

Depending upon this year's festival schedule, I would like to organize a _Thursday afternoon 4/28 GAY TCM FESTIVAL GOERS "Meet & Greet"_ for GLBT community TCM fans (and any Gay-friendly fans as well) who will be attending this year's festival.

Though I do not in anyway look down on heterosexual TCM fans (they can't help it if they were born that way--just kidding!!!), I do find that the Gay community has generally seemed to always have a particular fondness for classic films--particularly musicals and/or films featuring Judy Garland, Joan Crawford, Bette Davis and others--such as "Mildred Pierce" (its remake soon to air on HBO), "All About Eve," "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane," "The Women," etc.

If any Gay or Gay-friendly festival goers are interested in such a no-host get acquainted wine/cocktail hour then please message me back for further info. I would ideally like to hold such a gathering somewhere close such as the bar in the nearby, historic Miceli's Restaurant (at Las Palmas & Hollywood), the Pig 'N Whistle (on Hollywood Blvd. next to the Egyptian Theatre) or similar location. Once TCM releases its Thursday 4/28 festival schedule, I will make every effort to update this Message Board post with the location and time period info. Thank you!!!

(FYI--for any of your local Angelinos, I also organize a free, non-commercial LA area professional Gay mens winetasting & social group called "Gay Winos" ( www.GayWinosLA.com ) which does include some classic movie buffs and TCM viewers.

JONO