Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will we ever see these movies on TCM?

clarabow1

Hey, Rich Oliver of Sunrise Silents tells me that the new TCM Now Playing The Show, for April has something about a evening of Silent film Fragments, including what he thought was footage of Colleen Moore's long lost *FLAMING YOUTH (1923).* Also some Clara Bow. I suppose that the fragment could be from *FLAMING YOUTH,* though it is more likely surviving footage of *HAPPINESS AHEAD (1928)* which they screened fragments from during the TCM Classic Film Festival in 2010. Any Colleen Moore on TCM is a noteworthy development. The Clara Bow fragments likely are from *RED HAIR* and *THREE WEEKENDS*. Does anyone have additional information about this? Didn't notice anything on the schedule previously hinting toward the broadcast?

I'm still waiting for any sign of TCM debut's of either *HER WILD OAT* or *LILAC TIME.* The two most likely Colleen Moore Silents to show up eventually on the schedule. However, *THE DEVILS CLAIM, BROKEN CHAINS, IRENE, TWINKLETOES, ORCHIDS AND ERMINE,* or whatever else that they can get their hands on that has never been shown before would be plenty welcome.

And remember *SYNTHETIC SIN* and *WHY BE GOOD?* are still in line for preservation, and restoration. First announced in 2006 as having been selected as part of the on-going Vita-phone project. As year after year goes by, I become less and less optimistic that anything will happen with these precious finds. Both being films that were lost for decades on end, and still not preserved to Safety-film as far as I know. This project just can't seem to get underway due to lack of funds.