Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FIX THE FAN SITE PLEASE

PAGE NOT FOUND - OOPS ZOMBIES ATE THIS PAGE!The page you are looking for is no longer here. This may be because of a mistyped URL, faulty referral or out-of-date search engine listing. You can use the navigation above, visit the TCM homepage or try a search

I get this message so much I'm just SICK of it...I begining to think TCM doesn't give a rats hinny if the fan site works or NOT.. I see so many people having the same issues... Don't you CARE about at all if this site works ?

I can understand your complaints......

However you may not be aware that the web folks ARE working on fixing MOST if not ALL of the problems you have mentioned.

They just need time and patience on our parts. See the below passage from LZCutter:

From lzcutter

Re: New Format for Daily Schedule and Home Page etc.

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 10:02 PM

What is going on TCM? Is there anyone there actually working on this disaster of a website?

The mods are responding with updates in the Tech Forum where they repeatedly asked that people post (but not post a problem already in queue) the difficulties they are encountering.

*Go to Technical Issues with the Message Boards, then go to General Issues and finally go to Problems with the Upgrade thread. And then post what you'd like to report there.*

The problems and frustration here are the result of this inept, unnecessary, and unwanted (by most TCM fan/members, anyway) so called "upgrade" that created far more problems than the relatively minor ones that existed before, and, in essence, has destroyed what once was an otherwise wonderful website.

*The only way to quickly correct the existing problems is to go back to the functional model that existed before.*

Why these Administrators continue to bullishly push ahead with this mess, rather than dump what they've done and go back to what we had, is totally beyond me!

This only continues to frustrate and alienate long-time viewer/members who relied heavily on the old format and are making their sincere wishes known that things go back to the way they once were.

Rather than locking up these multiple similar issue threads the "Mods" should be "listening" to what these fan members are telling them....

When the "mods" see *multiple posts about the same issues* this *is a good thing*, as it expresses how many members were/are using a feature that is no longer functional due to this lousy "up/downgrade." Since there are so many new problems now, it would allow them to "Triage" through this quagmire they've created and work on "fixing" the most frequently used/now flawed functions first.

It's the old premise where *the sqeakiest wheel/s get oiled first*....

Well first of all you seem to be an intelligent person, so let me ask you this:

How long do you think it takes for an upgrade to an existing website take place?

And when changes to a website do take place, and multitudes of complaints start coming in from all corners, then how long do you think looking at those requests to make additional changes to the upgrade would take?

You and everyone else who has complained need to learn something:

And that is you have to learn to be patient.

The upgrade or lack there of for some people probably was not handle too well by the folks in charge. Having said that, there is no turning back now. You and everyone else who keeps insisting that TCM go back to the old website are missing a rather large issue.

And that is the old website WAS broken, and it needed some sort of an upgrade. The website was like an old aircraft carrier that needed to be drydocked for an extended yard period to fix the hull, upgrade the computer systems, renovate the flight deck so that modern and heavier jets could operate, upgrade the engines so that higher speeds could be achieved.

IMHO, they have probably spent hundreds if not thousands of man hours working on trying to perform an upgrade to this site for some time now. LZCutter and others have said that this website needed some upgrades. Obviously many of the upgrades were done to the detriment of many people who use certain features of the website everyday.

And with all of the suggestions that have been made I am sure that the IT folks are working as hard as they can to make these additional changes now. But as I said, it takes time.

So after some weeks now of this new website up and running I am sure that you and many others like you seem to think that all they have to do is switchback to the old website and everything will be hunky dorey. Well, I can speak first hand about this. Having worked for several national catalog retailers, it can take months to get a new upgrade up and running. In TCM's case they were probably working on this new upgrade for more than half a year before they decided to throw the switch.

A company I used to work for here in Colorado just completed a new upgrade to one of their brand's websites. You know how long it took their IT department to upgrade? One year.

It is not easy. So before sitting here and complaining or saying that they should listen to all of the concerns, and suggestions and the wants of some of the posters here to turn the clock back and go back to the old format, you might want to give them some slack. I am sure they have and continue to hear all of the complaints and are working to make these changes happen.

It just takes time. And everyone here would do well to take a breath and let them continue to work on and make the changes that some here have advocated need to be changed or added.

*fxreyman wrote:*

*"How long do you think it takes for an upgrade to an existing website take place?"*

*"And when changes to a website do take place, and multitudes of complaints start coming in from all corners, then how long do you think looking at those requests to make additional changes to the upgrade would take?"*

*"You and everyone else who has complained need to learn something:*

*And that is you have to learn to be patient."*

*"The upgrade or lack there of for some people probably was not handle too well by the folks in charge. Having said that, _there is no turning back now_. You and everyone else who keeps insisting that TCM go back to the old website are missing a rather large issue."*

*And that is the old website WAS broken, and it needed some sort of an upgrade."*

*"LZCutter and others have said that this website needed some upgrades. Obviously many of the upgrades were done to the detriment of many people who use certain features of the website everyday."*

*"...it can take months to get a new upgrade up and running."*

*"A company I used to work for ... just completed a new upgrade to one of their brand's websites. You know how long it took their IT department to upgrade? One year."*

*I hate to repeat myself but here is my reply written in another, now locked, thread.*

There are many of us who are very familiar with the process and pitfalls of so called "upgrades."

It is precisely because so many so called "upgrades" are so poorly planned and implemented, often written by programers who are not evenly remotely familiar with the intricasies of the subject matter they are medling with;

That they are typically very buggy, often introducing many more glitches into the system than they were supposed to "fix," and take a very long time to straighten out, if ever!

That is precisely why *WE WANT A RETURN TO THE OLD FORMAT!*

While there are still enough of us around to appreciate it!

*You said: "..the old website WAS broken, and it needed some sort of an upgrade."*

The old format had a few relatively small problems that could have/should have been worked on and ironed out individually, to fine tune and make a great website even better!

*I repeat, the old website WAS GREAT! It was a model! IT WORKED!*

*IT WAS IN NO NEED FOR A _COMPLETE_ OVERHAUL!*

They didn't need to re-invent the wheel, they had an almost perfectly round one that could have continued to roll smoothly for years to come!

They didn't need to throw the baby out with the bath water to correct a few minor flaws that I'm sure that most of us now would be more than happy to endure if we could just go back to what we had.

My question is why a decision hasn't been made to do just that!

*You said "there is no turning back now..."*

This reminds me of someone at the lookout warning about an "Iceberg, dead ahead!" and those at the helm commanding to stubbornly stay the course!

There are always situations where one makes a wrong turn, goes off into the deep end. The ill prepared die everyday because they are unwilling to change course. Many times it is necessary to backstep before proceeding forward on more solid footing.

*NOBODY ASKED THE MEMBERS IF WE WANTED THIS!*

*NOBODY* (that I'm aware) *SOLICITED OUR FEEDBACK ABOUT SUCH A DRASTIC OVERHAUL, OR WARNED US IT COMING.*

*SOMEBODY JUST MADE A DECISION AND THEN INFLICTED THIS UPON US, WITHOUT OUR INFORMED CONSENT!*

TCM is/was a good thing. A very good thing for so many viewers. The whole TCM channel and website touched/touches many lives in ways that only old movies, photos and old songs can, and has the ability to transport us back to our youths.

The TCM phenomenon has brought many, many younger viewers to an appreciation of film and film history and its reflection of societal changes that occurred long before they were born, and continues to reflect those changes today.

Some wise sage said that in order to know where you're going, you must first know from where you've come.

TCM is practically unique in it's ability to show us from whence we've come!

*you said, and I heartily cocur: "...it can take months to get a new upgrade up and running."*

*"A company I used to work for ... just completed a new upgrade to one of their brand's websites. You know how long it took their IT department to upgrade? One year."*

*You say: "You and everyone else who has complained need to learn something:*

*And that is you have to learn to be patient."*

There are times when one can and should enjoy the luxury of reflective patience, such as when one is making a decision to start an elective war. Or choosing a non-life threatening elective procedure.

There are also life-threatening emergencies where quick action must be implemented to prevent dire consequences.

I'm not implying that anyone will personally die because of the poor decisions that lead to the even poorer implementation of this site overhaul. But what has taken years to develope can desintigrate into dust in a very short time if remedial action is not quickly implemented.

In months or a year or more of this... many, if not most of the TCM viewer/member fanbase, those that have and do visit and use this site regularly and employ its features into their viewing plan/s, will be forced to seek elsewhere what they once enjoyed here.

I for one will periodically drop in to see if the old format has returned, or if the glitches that now plague the site and annoy me most have finally been rectified, but there will be many that will not.

Having been once scorned here they will likely not return with the same zeal they once had, if at all.

After all, if the seemingly impetuous process that lead to this mess in the first place has not been addressed then there is little incentive for confidence that it will not happen again, and again.

Once burned, twice shy.

Open communication and allowing the TCM/membership to be a participant in decision making processes that affect their ability to plan and view TCM with regularity should be an integral part of any plan designed to make things "better."

I see this disatrous, unneccessary "overhaul" as a devisive, destructive force, an unneccessary elective operation that has and continues to create more harm than good.

*I want TCM to continue to be the good and wonderful thing that it was BEFORE this "DOWNGRADE" was implemented.*

*Something that brings people together in a way that few venues can do, and NOT what it is now becoming, as result of this devisive fiasco! Something that drives people away!*

It is very difficult to be patient when you see something you love dying because some over reactive quack has prescribed an unneccessary treatment, rife with negative side-effects and complications, for a relatively minor preexisting condition.

It's like amputating a foot to remove a splinter. Even if the patient survives, you've turned him into a cripple.

Edited by: Stephan55 on Mar 27, 2011 4:51 PM

Edited by: Stephan55 on Mar 27, 2011 4:55 PM

I admit to being a bit confused about all the talk of returning the entire site back to the old format

The majority of this overall site seems to be working fine. The three major stumbling blocks are, and have been since the upgrade, the schedule pages, the database and links that bring up the zombie pages.

It would probably satisfy a number of complaints if the upgraded schedule pages could be fixed so that the functionality of the previous schedules were incorporated into the new schedule pages.

On the Database pages, it would be probably do the same if the multiple air dates and the reminder feature with the multiple air dates was reinstated.

I do like that the Database pages now have reviews from TCM viewers.

The links that bring up the zombie pages are being fixed but probably not fast enough for many.

As for the message boards, the biggest problem is with the threads with large number of replies, specifically Kyle's Poster Thread, Candids 2, Movie Rambles and Movie Rambles 2 and Western Rambles and the lack of a working image code in the General Discussion forum.

I don't see how that warrants a complete return to the old website format but I can understand why some posters are getting tired of the time it is taking to repair the above problems.

As LZCutter has written before, this website was in need of an upgrade. Maybe not the upgrade they have given us, but it did need one.

Let me ask you something:

Are you a tech person, an IT person who develops websites? If you are then you know what it takes to develop a website and all of the accompanying problems associated with an upgrade like this one.

If you are not familiar with website development, then might I suggest you stop making references to the people here who are trying to effect changes to this website?

As far as being able to contribute ideas on what could be changed here, I am sure they may have given that some thought. However, based on what I have read from so many posters here who have said they "hate" the new website, I think you have your answer. No one in their right mind would ever go out and solicit ideas from a public that for the most part would never want any changes made what so ever toa website that they consider themselves to "own".

As LZCutter has written there really are just three major areas that need to be fixed with the new upgrade. But as I wrote earlier and you seem to be dismissing, is the need for patience.

As far as going back to the old website design. I just do not see that happening. Especially when it might have cost TCM hundreds of thousands of dollars to implement these changes, and involved hundreds if not thousands of man hours.

As far as the Titanic analogy goes, you should check your history. Once the lookouts had spotted the iceberg, they did inform the bridge. And that is when the first officer decided to alter course to port. Unfortunately the large 52,000 ton ship was traveling too fast to make the swift change in direction fast enough. The iceberg hit the starboard side of the ship and caused damage for about 1/3 the length of the ship.

You state that this is the kind of decision that leads one to go off the deep end. That maybe a back step should be considered before changing course all together. Well, maybe, just maybe the people in charge felt the need to implement the changes that they came up with.

As far as the website disintegrating into dust in a short time, I think you mean to scare people with that kind of talk. Do you really believe that this is what is going to happen to this website within a short period of time?

Are you Nostradamus? Can you predict what every member here will do in the future? What if TCM fixes the main problems existing today because of the upgrade and the website is viewed by many more visitors? Maybe some of the new visitors will join up and take part in the discussions of classic film.

Because TCM decided to install a somewhat "radical" upgrade to its website you seem to predict that hordes will leave here and go elsewhere? Where will they go? There is no other channel that appears on the airwaves today that does what TCM does on an everyday basis. You and a few others here have demonstrated to me a total lack of understanding on why TCM had to make this change in the first place.

Lets just use numbers I have heard bandied about around here. We have been told that about 80 million Americans get TCM broadcast into their homes each day. Now, how many of those homes do you think know anything about TCM's website? And lets just say for argumentative purposes, 1 million people come to the website everyday. That is not very many people. Right now as I am writing this, there are 81 guests on the message board with 10 users. That is a paltry number, don't you think?

Most days there are at most a total of about 20 users here on the message boards. Now I have seen some times as many as 30 users and well over 300 guests here on the boards. Maybe ultimately the people in charge wanted to make this upgrade to bring in additional viewers to the website and the message board. Graphically speaking the message board needed a lot of help. And I am just assuming here but maybe the folks in charge want to get more people to visit here more frequently. And a new freshened look to the website would most definitely help, don't you agree?

In the end they are going to do what they think needs to be done. Hopefully they are reading these posts and are taking some of the suggestions and using them in real practice. One can only hope. But whatever happens, IMHO, I think the website looks a lot better now than before March 9th.

*fxreyman asked:*

*Let me ask you something:*

*Are you a tech person, an IT person who develops websites? If you are then you know what it takes to develop a website and all of the accompanying problems associated with an upgrade like this one.*

*If you are not familiar with website development, then might I suggest you stop making references to the people here who are trying to effect changes to this website?*

Yes, I am not only the recipient of poorly designed and implemented "Upgrades" but, among other skillsets, I have also been involved in planning and development of such. Hence comes my perspective, *if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.* If it has a few rough spots, do your best to smooth those out without destroying all the previous work that made the site effective.

When designing something brand new there will be a whole lot of headaches. Solving one problem often opens a pandora's box of new/interrelated problems. Troubleshooting is a timeconsuming nightmare. Too often, the few gains you eventually end up with hardly appear worth the effort.

I prefer tweaking proven systems to make them run better rather than total overhauls. Of course there are needs for total overhauls, usually resulting from unforseen system failures unable to adapt to new contingencies. But more often going back to the "drawing board" is the result of initially rushed, inadequately financed and staffed, poorly planned systems being prematurely implemented without sufficient Beta testing.

This, in my humble opinion was not the case of the preexisting Website here.

It was highly functional with a few crude spots that could have been refined to make it even better.

Of course you may be privy to information unavailable to the typical member/viewer, but from my end *it wasn't broken and didn't need such a dramatic "fix."*

BTW, change, just for change sake is not always a good thing.

*fxreyman said:*

*As far as being able to contribute ideas on what could be changed here, I am sure they may have given that some thought. However, based on what I have read from so many posters here who have said they "hate" the new website, I think you have your answer. No one in their right mind would ever go out and solicit ideas from a public that for the most part would never want any changes made what so ever toa website that they consider themselves to "own".*

I think the level of frustration here is justified considering what we had vs what we now have.

In my experience and opinion *change should be made on need, not whim*.

The level of membership here feeling possessive about this website is a sign of its success.

What people invest time into they feel ownership for and protective instincts are a natural result. *Ownership, in this case is a good thing.*

The problem, as I see it, is trying to give people something they don't want, or need just because someone else thinks they should have it. *True and lasting success is based upon meeting needs not fabricating them.*

*As LZCutter has written there really are just three major areas that need to be fixed with the new upgrade. But as I wrote earlier and you seem to be dismissing, is the need for patience.*

Patience is a virtue, and I admit that I, like most of us could certainly use more of it. *If the point of this exercise is to teach the membership patience, then your point is well taken.*

*As far as going back to the old website design. I just do not see that happening. Especially when it might have cost TCM hundreds of thousands of dollars to implement these changes, and involved hundreds if not thousands of man hours.*

All I can say about that is plow full steam ahead then. It won't be the first and far from last time that more good money has been thrown after bad, and efforts wasted trying to turn lemons into lemonade. *Of course if all of the old features that made the website such a keeper are restored and the new problems resolved, within a reasonable amount of time, even without restoring the "old format" in its entirety, then I for one will be a very happy camper*, no matter what the final cost.

*As far as the Titanic analogy goes, you should check your history. Once the lookouts had spotted the iceberg, they did inform the bridge. And that is when the first officer decided to alter course to port. Unfortunately the large 52,000 ton ship was traveling too fast to make the swift change in direction fast enough. The iceberg hit the starboard side of the ship and caused damage for about 1/3 the length of the ship.*

I am very aware of what we now believe to have happened on board the Titanic. In fact, it is believed that had the course not been altered to either port or starboard and the ship collided with the berg head on that far fewer compartments would have been damaged, perhaps allowing the ship to have remained afloat, at least long enough for all aboard to have been rescued.

But *I really was not alluding to the Titanic when I made my ship vs iceberg statement.* My point was that sometimes people become so fixed on what they want to happen that they will plow full steam into a hazardous situation, even when the danger ahead is obvious.

*fxreyman commented:*

*You state that this is the kind of decision that leads one to go off the deep end. That maybe a back step should be considered before changing course all together. Well, maybe, just maybe the people in charge felt the need to implement the changes that they came up with.*

No doubt, somebody or persons in charge of this thing thought it was something that should be done.

What were the driving motives for it, and how well thought out it was prior to implementation is really beyond me, *I can only look at the result thus far, and surmise.*

*As far as the website disintegrating into dust in a short time, I think you mean to scare people with that kind of talk. Do you really believe that this is what is going to happen to this website within a short period of time?*

You provided a time frame of months to possibly a year to "maybe" make this thing as functional as we all hope it will eventually be, I concurred with your time frame based upon my own knowledge and experience.

No, I don't mean to scare anyone, I am a realistic and somewhat pragmatic person, and I value objectivity over subjectivity in as much as we are capable of being truly objective about anything.

No, the website won't disintegrate into dust if these issues are resolved, or say dramatically improved within a relatively short period of time of a few weeks, perhaps even a couple of months. But if it takes many months to a year (as you suggested it might) to bring all back to the functionality that was lost, Most of the "faithful" members patience will seriously wain, and I feel that I can say with a degree of certainty that you will see a serious dropoff of old members, and new ones will likely not see anything much different than any other website around.

In other words, *those features that made this website standout as great will have to be there if it is to remain distinguishable from all those other ho-hum websites.*

*fxreyman asked:*

*Are you Nostradamus? Can you predict what every member here will do in the future? What if TCM fixes the main problems existing today because of the upgrade and the website is viewed by many more visitors? Maybe some of the new visitors will join up and take part in the discussions of classic film.*

No of course I'm not Nostradamus, nor Jean Dixon nor my favorite non-biblical prophet, Edgar Cayce. Nor do I speak or write in quatrains, nor allegorys or abstract metaphors due to fear of persecution, at least not yet.

I try to avoid absolutes like ALL and Every, but it is likely that most of this membership will stray away if things remain too long as they currently are.

*If TCM resolves all or at least most of these issues and returns the features that we All (or at least most of us) loved and grew to rely upon, in a timely manner (preferably sooner rather than later) then of course we all (or at least most of us) will be happy, as we in a sense will have the old site back,* and perhaps a few additional non-essential but maybe desireable features as well. So what's not to like. Membership will then continue to grow and people will continue to share with others about their experiences here on, ad infinitim, or at least until something drastically negative occurs.

*fxreyman stated:*

*Because TCM decided to install a somewhat "radical" upgrade to its website you seem to predict that hordes will leave here and go elsewhere? Where will they go? There is no other channel that appears on the airwaves today that does what TCM does on an everyday basis. You and a few others here have demonstrated to me a total lack of understanding on why TCM had to make this change in the first place.*

In my experience, Radical change is best reserved for dire circumstances, as the rewards from radicalization can be great, but often entail great risk or sacrifice, i.e. the need for a radical surgery to save ones life... radical lifestyle changes due to energy depletion, etc... more often than not we make radical changes because we discover we have to, not because we really want to.

Yes, I believe a substantial number of longtime regular members will spend ever less time here if they don't regain what made them stay here in the first place. The herd will attempt to find greener pastures.

You are right, outside of PBS (whose future is up in the air right now as well) there are next to no alternatives to commercialized television. And no other station is as dedicated to classic movies as is TCM.

Before I found TCM, and without a TV guide I used to be a channel surfer, but for many years now I have been solidly dedicated to two or three stations and at least one set is reserved for TCM.

The website and program schedule is what made this happen. I could look far ahead (at least 2-3) months and see what's coming. I'd get excited and block off time for all my upcoming favorites. Some that i remembered from childhood, most others because the data provided perked my curiosity. After viewing and using this website for years. I finally "officially" joined and found most of the members here to be cordial to each other and extremely helpful whenever I had a question. This combination of the TCM channel and the fan website actually began to feel like an extended family. And the features of the website made all this possible.

Most of those features are now absent, and I find myself in a quandary.

I am not a captive audience, I can watch commercial television if forced to do so. And there are more and more subscription programs that allow selective and commercial free viewing, if I choose to go that route. My current mainstay diet of TCM, may have to change. And perhaps that won't be a bad thing in the long run, who knows.

I will likely still watch TCM, though most likely much of my TCM devotion may sadly wain.

I may prove to be your typical TCM viewer.

*You are right I don't understand what driving force compelled TCM to feel like it "had to make this change in the first place."* Perhaps you can explain better explain it to me and others Why, when this website was already the best out there, what technological need existed for such a radical change as we are now experiencing?

*fxreyman stated:*

*Lets just use numbers I have heard bandied about around here. We have been told that about 80 million Americans get TCM broadcast into their homes each day. Now, how many of those homes do you think know anything about TCM's website? And lets just say for argumentative purposes, 1 million people come to the website everyday. That is not very many people. Right now as I am writing this, there are 81 guests on the message board with 10 users. That is a paltry number, don't you think?*

*Most days there are at most a total of about 20 users here on the message boards. Now I have seen some times as many as 30 users and well over 300 guests here on the boards. Maybe ultimately the people in charge wanted to make this upgrade to bring in additional viewers to the website and the message board. Graphically speaking the message board needed a lot of help. And I am just assuming here but maybe the folks in charge want to get more people to visit here more frequently. And a new freshened look to the website would most definitely help, don't you agree?*

I agree, that number sounds exceptionally small, but another way of looking at it is that each of those one million daily site viewers represent 80 additional viewers. And all those official members are in fact the Nielsons of TCM.

A freshened look might encourage more viewers to join the website, but just as in any recruiting effort there is in-flow and out-flow.

In the military, retention of experienced veterans is of greater value than a gain in green troops. Point being *one does not want to sacrifice the loyalty of existing dedicated members to gain more transient viewers.*

The goal to growing membership is to *retain what you have* while gaining more.

And seeing how those regular member/viewers represent so many more, I certainly would do everything I could to *preserve the tried and true features of this website and what TCM does so well,* and be very careful as to how drastically a make-over TCM undertook.

The more comprehensive the "plastic surgeriy" the greater the odds of having negative consequences.

But then beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

*In the end they are going to do what they think needs to be done. Hopefully they are reading these posts and are taking some of the suggestions and using them in real practice. One can only hope. But whatever happens, IMHO, I think the website looks a lot better now than before March 9th.*

You are right, it is quite evident that those making these decisions will continue to do things just as they see fit.

Considering the value that I place on my fellow viewer/members, I likewise hope that they are considering the wisdom of our counsel, even if only in a covert fashion.

It is no secret in "free market" consumerism that for every person who takes the time to tell you why they are disatisfied with your service and going someplace else that there are from 9-99 who simply fade away without explanation. That compares fairly well with your 8-80 stats here on TCM.

It is also common business sense that one disatisfied person is likely to share their disatisfaction with 10 others whereas only one out of 10 (or fewer) satisfied persons is likely to share their satisfaction experience with one other person.

Regarding how the website "looks," well as I said before, *beauty is in the eye of the beholder.*

I will share with you a true story.

I once knew a guy who had a Corvette, his dream car, parked in his driveway. It was beautiful to look at, and he kept it shiny by routinely washing and waxing it in full view of his neighbors. We never actually heard the rhythm of the engine, or saw him driving it around, but sometimes the car would be gone somewhere, and in his drive it looked like a beaut.

Then one day we discovered that there was literally nothing under the hood. The car was just a shell that he'd pull in and out of his garage late at night when he thought no one would notice. He eventually confessed that he couldn't "yet" afford an engine or tranny, but planned to have an actual functional Corvette one day.

The beautiful car we saw was form without function. There was no substance, but it sure looked good on the outside.

*lzcutter said:*

*I do like that the Database pages now have reviews from TCM viewers.*

Agreed I much value and prefer TCM member movie reviews far and above *Leonard Maltin's* 2 star gibberish!

Can anybody give a legitimate explanation WHY TCM subjects us to this guys opinions,

How did he gain such a priviledged position to bore us with his opinion here?

In all honesty, before he landed his spot on this website I occassionally read his reviews, now I can't stand them.

As for the rest, I believe that *lzcutter* has surmised the lion's share of member concerns.