Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Peter O'Toole

Kinokima

Okay now I am *really* jealous of you festival goers. TCM just announced Peter O'Toole as a guest and there will be a screening of Becket.

Robert Osbourne will also be interviewing O'Toole. I pray that interview makes it to the channel. I know Peter O'Toole is one of the top actors I wanted to see for a private screening.

Just wanted to share this with everyone. I am sorry if it has already been mentioned. :)

*Robert Osbourne will also be interviewing O'Toole. I pray that interview makes it to the channel*

K,

According to the press release, it will be an extensive in-theater interview that will later be broadcast on TCM.

http://news.turner.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=5588

Edited by: lzcutter for link

*"Robert Osbourne will also be interviewing O'Toole. I pray that interview makes it to the channel. I know Peter O'Toole is one of the top actors I wanted to see for a private screening."* - kinokima

The interview will be filmed for the channel. And it sounds like a longer interview is planned with O'Toole than the one filmed with Luise Rainer.

And he is getting to add his handprints/footprints in the cement of the Chinese Theater forecourt too!

Kyle In Hollywood

*Great. But isn't he a little early ?? I was figuring (and hoping of course) for visit from him and maybe Omar Shariff for the 50th anniversary of Lawrence of Arabia next year !! Hopefully, he'll want to return to the Festial for that, and hopefully TCM will want to put the movie on the schedule for 2012.

Cinecrazy DC*

I think this is fantastic news! Expect a standing room only crowd for this one!

I somehow see the audience on its feet cheering, while O'Toole give a sweeping sword gesture like he did at the end of My Favorite Year.

I wonder how many ladies will turn up in the front row, their hearts on their sleeves as they sigh at their secret love?

This is great news! For those who attended last year, I'd think that the most comparable event would be Luise Rainer. How far in advance did you need to get in line to get a decent seat? I'm not necessarily talking front row ;-) (altho seeing his baby blues wouldn't be too shabby) but closer rather than farther away? I guess what I'm asking is when people started lining up at all. Thanks, Wolfie

> {quote:title=wolfjohnson303 wrote:}{quote}

> I guess what I'm asking is when people started lining up at all. Thanks, Wolfie

Wolfie (and everyone else planning on attending this - Hey, 5 minutes before show time oughta be plenty of time ;)

David in Seattle

Two yrs. ago I wrote to Robert asking him to interview Peter O'Toole. Now Peter is going to be the special guest at the film festival 4/29 and 4/30. What a coup for TCM! How I want to go to CA 4/29-4/30. I never had the luck to see him; I'd probably be too shy to even talk to him.

I've loved Peter since I was a young girl, first seing him in his iconic role as LOA, so beautifully handsome in those white cotton Damascus robes, keffiyeh and agal. Can you imagine the effect he and the classic film had on a girl of Syrian descent? And through the yrs. and all of his great performances afterward, I never waivered. I don't think he'll ever know the effect he's had on my life; so many wonderful memories, including my parents & family. I know; I'm rambling.

Luv ya lots and lots, honey. Maybe by some miracle you'll see this message at last from me.

Best of luck in health, future, and everything from

Kathleen (Kathy) Anez

Blackstone, MA USA

*"I've loved Peter since I was a young girl, first seing him in his iconic role as LOA, so beautifully handsome in those white cotton Damascus robes, keffiyeh and agal. Can you imagine the effect he and the classic film had on a girl of Syrian descent? And through the yrs. and all of his great performances afterward, I never waivered. I don't think he'll ever know the effect he's had on my life; so many wonderful memories, including my parents & family. I know; I'm rambling."* - kathan12

What a wonderful remembrance you posted today. Thank you for sharing it.

Sorry you won't be in Hollywood this Spring but take comfort that Robert's conversation with Peter O'Toole will be seen on TCM in the coming months.

Kyle In Hollywood

Dear Kyle:

Thank you so much for your kind answer to my post of yesterday re Peter O'Toole.

May I add a *"P.S."* to it please? --

I certainly will try going to the festival next month; I'd never get the chance to see Peter again.

Who knows - I may be there! Long way from MA, but how I would love to see him!

On a personal note: Bless you Peter, honey, for all the love and joy you brought to my life.

Kathleen (Kathy) Anez

Blackstone, MA USA

(and a p.s. again to you, Kyle. It is so kind of you to answer my e-mail).