Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lonesome (Paul Fejos, 1928) coming to Blu-ray/DVD soon!

JonasEB

Jonas EB,

*PEOPLE ON SUNDAY* is being released in June. Anything on *THE WEDDING MARCH?* I have seen *LONESOME.* It is a very interesting film. Exciting to get an official release. What about *STARK LOVE?* or maybe *THE SHAKEDOWN?*

Meantime, my good friend Rich Oliver of *Sunrise Silents,* tells me that the new TCM *Now Playing The Show,* for *April* has something about a evening of extremely rare *Silent film Fragments* on the 3rd of the month. Including what he believed was footage of Colleen Moore's long lost *FLAMING YOUTH (1923)*. Also some Clara Bow as well.

I suppose that the fragment could be from *FLAMING YOUTH,* but it is probably *HAPPINESS AHEAD* which they screened fragments from during the TCM Classic Film Festival in 2010. Nevertheless, any Colleen Moore on TCM is a noteworthy development. As year after year, after year, I have waited in vain for something to turn up.

The Clara Bow fragments likely are from *RED HAIR* in Technicolor, and *THREE WEEKENDS.* The surviving footage from Lon Chaney's final Silent film *THUNDER* and maybe some other of his other lost features will also be shown. Even though only one reel of *FLAMING YOUTH* survives, I never thought that I would get to see it anyplace. Very excited about the *April 3rd broadcast.* Thanks so much to TCM Programmer Chuck Tabesh for devoting an evening to these lost treasures.

Both People on Sunday and Lonesome came from out of nowhere so who knows what they could be looking at? No new news about The Wedding March yet but the announcement of the other two make me optimistic about a sooner rather than later release.

I haven't seen the April Now Playing show but I did notice the Fragments and Unseen Cinema combo before Laila on the April schedule. I suppose the two and a half hour Unseen Cinema will be a compilation of shorts from the DVD set. Definitely curious to see what will be featured on Fragments.