Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Stephan55

DOWN with the "UPGRADE" Bring Back the OLD FORMAT!

*Does Anyone At TCM realize that they are alienating their most loyal viewing audience and fans with this "DOWNGRADE"???*

*IS ANYONE AT TCM LISTENING TO US???*

*DOES ANYONE AT TCM EVEN CARE????*

*WHY DOES TCM BULLISHLY PERSIST WITH THIS WHEN WE ARE OBVIOUSLY DISPLEASED WITH WHAT THEY HAVE DONE.*

*PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE US BACK THE OLD FORMAT!!!!*

It had a few minor flaws that could have been addressed, BUT IT DID WORK, AND OVERALL IT WORKED VERY WELL!

Unlike this preposterous major overall which has taken away the features that we loved, and given us a bunch of crap that we could do without.

Along with the others who have made their feelings known....

I miss the ability to look 2-3 months ahead and see what's on the monthly schedules. I actually planned my viewing/recording time around the TCM schedule.

I referred to the daily schedule to check for program changes, such as when there was a tribute to a passing great, and to refine the actual run times when they differed from the printable monthy program schedule.

I'm sick of Leonard Maltin's 2 star reviews. Why is he even there?

Are we expected to use him as our guide for classic movie viewing?

I miss the suggest a movie option. Did TCM ever actually use our suggestions to help them plan the schedule? Was it just a placebo for us to vent our wishes? It has been so easily done away with it makes me wonder...

I miss the ease of the old schedule which allowed a great deal of information at a glance and even more with quick links and a minimal amount of clicks.

i.e. At a glance I could see a movies title, one sentence synopsis, director, 3 major stars, length of play and start time, without having to click on it. And when I did want more information it was previously better categorically organized than it is now.

I miss the ease with which I could see if a movie was scheduled to play within the next 3 months, and the ability to be reminded by email updates.

I miss the ability to program the TCM monthly calendar and FULL Schedule to my local time Zone and it would stay that way.

I could go on and on, and I would if I believed it would actually make a difference, but I'm afraid that our comments here are falling upon deaf ears and blind eyes!

Far from addressing the few and minor flaws of the old format This MAJOR "overhaul" has produced a highly flawed and buggy program that introduces far more numerous and very annoying problems than had previously existed.

If this were a congressionally run operation it would be on par, but I'd grown to expect and receive so much more from TCM that this feels like anarchy.

I guess TCM spoiled me by being so different from everybody else, now it appears they're going the way of the Walmart inspired herd where we receive ever less value than we once had.

If this is "progress" then take me back to the good old days.