Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Another thing.........

for which I have to thank TCM is the backstory on the television characters I grew up with. Just two come to mind right now, I'm sure many out there can think of more.

I grew up watching television in the 1950s and remember Victor Sen Yung (Sen Yung) and Howard Da Silva. Now that I'm seeing them in movie after movie, I can appreciate that actors and actresses with 30 year careers had to make the transition to a new medium in the 1950s and weren't appreciated by people like me at that time.

Likewise, vaudeville stars went into radio and television in order to keep putting food on the table and water in the pool.

I give them all a lot of credit.

Howard da Silva, and he even managed to make Louis B. Mayer come alive in the kitsch classic of all time, "Mommie Dearest".

Speaking of Silvas, Stoney...how do you like Henry Silva?

He is one of my favorite character actors and multipurpose bad guys, and still being alive I wish he could sit down for an interview for TCM.