Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NOSTRADAMOS SPEAKS ABOUT THE UPGRADE!

*NOSTRADAMOS SPEAKS ABOUT THE UPGRADE!*

No, I'm not really Nostradamos incarnate, but...

Here's how I see this thing panning out, *IF* there is not a return of all, or at least most, of those major functions that you've already heard repetitively about from many of us...

Your most faithful, longtime contributing members will likely make fewer, and fewer threads and posts here. Not because the problems have vanished and they (we) are suddenly happy or finally content with the "upgrade," rather because "we" are exhausted by continuously pouring our hearts out over this thing to deaf ears and blind eyes. With no tangibly positive end result, or feedback that we, and more importantly, these issues, are seriously being acknowleged and constructively addressed.

This heavily policed, so called "General Issues" board, which has been specifically "designated" as the site to post our concerns about all this, will likely dry out, as people make side comments about their discontent in other "more open" forums within and outside of this website.

They (and the many unregistered member guests) will return to this site periodically, but with ever lessening frequency, to see if there is any "new" news, or posts, but likely will make fewer and fewer comments here until they notice some sign of (hopefully positive) change at their end.

If you misconstrue a toning down of negative complaints here and lack of feedback with the illusion that all is now well and that this upgrade has finally become an accepted success. You will have compounded to this already huge error....

with the same illogic that plagues our economic health speculators that assume when people have fallen off unemployment roles (because their benefits have long run out) that it is a positive sign that the economy has suddenly gotten better; (because those unemployed must all have gotten jobs now, right! Wrong!)

When those that made it to safety in lifeboats stopped hearing their shipmates in frigid water yelling for help, it wasn't because they were all suddenly saved...

The clock is ticking..., time, from this perspective, is running out...

Each day this problem persists is an open wound to this website, and an injury to TCM.

Your membership is hemorrhaging.

To have a positive prognosis *YOU, or SOMEBODY AT YOUR END MUST RETURN THIS WEBSITE TO ITS PREVIOUS STATE OF FUNCTIONALITY...VERY SOON!*

As bad as you may have percieved the previous format to have been, it was tons better and much preferred to this.... what we have now.

*PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, LISTEN TO YOUR MEMBERS.*

An operation is not a success no matter how technically well performed the surgery may have been, if it causes the death of the patient!

Even actions with the best of intentions can cause great harm....

I also believe that none of this would have been necessary if those of you on the admin side were as avid about TCM and using this website as your members are and do.

You likely would never have made or endorsed this extreme overhaul in the first place.

AND If you used these boards as we, the members do, you would have been instantly aware of this "upgrades" many flaws and could have immediatly instituted or recommended the necessary and appropriate remedial action/s far more promptly than this, long, drawn out process.

Most of us here would gladly forsake any of the flashy bells & whistles that you think that this website needs, for a prompt return of this website to its prior state of functionality?

What is so difficult about understanding this?

*Is this website here to serve us, or not? If its purpose is to promote TCM through satisfied members, then please, please "listen" and act on what you've "heard" us say.*

My feeling is that whoever has the authority to "fix" the site has made the decision to "not" fix the site. It seems that they are just waiting it out until the posts become fewer and fewer. When we finally accept that nothing is going to be done TCM will have won the waiting game. Their sketchy repetitive responses tell the whole story, NOTHING is going to be done. I know they have worn me down. Has anyone else come to this conclusion? Tell us what TCM CANNOT do as well as the 3 or 4 things they claim they are working on. Their posts really sound like they think they can fool us into believing something is being done. THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING. Don't tell me, SHOW ME!

*arnie13 said:*

*...When we finally accept that nothing is going to be done TCM will have won the waiting game.*

If that's winning then it will have been a pyrrhic victory.

In that case we'll all lose... :(

*TalkTalk123* is a Kinks fan :)

Met a girl called Lola

And I took her back to my place

Feelin' guilty, feelin' scared

Hidden cameras everywhere

Stop! Hold on, stay in control

Girl, I want you here with me

But I'm really not as cool as I'd like to be

'Cause there's a red, under my bed

And there's a little yellow man in my head

And there's a true blue inside of me