Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Programming Suggestion: A "Man From U.N.C.L.E." Fall

Jayo

I note that the three leads of "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." each have their respective birthdays in consecutive months, and was wondering if TCM could please play, say, 2-3 of the "U.N.C.L.E." movies on each actors' birthday, showing all 8 in total. The actors and their birthdays are: David McCallum on Sept. 19th., Leo G. Carroll on Oct. 25th., and Robert Vaughn on Nov. 22nd. Of course, it'd be great if TCM could show them again before then, maybe as a weekly Saturday

morning series.

TCM did run a full day of the "Man From U.N.C.L.E" a few years ago. So your request might be satisfied or considered. It would be nice if they also could program the "Girl from U.N.C.L.E" as well.

TCM just recently programmed some television shows from the fifties with Classic Movie stars and there was positive feedback from everyone. For a person like me who was not born when the Classic Age of Television was happening I would like to throw my suggestion into the ring to see if TCM can get the rights to broadcast "The Show of Shows" with Sid Ceasar and the Milton Berle programs. Both of these programs do not classify as "movies" but they do have classic film stars as part of the program to go along with the great writing which made these programs classic. I might add another program which if shown on TCM might be dated due to the fact that the humor was topical and current for its time. This program being "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In".

Granted the suggestions I just made are not classic movie discoveries and/or lost movies. I do not want TCM to become another "TV Land" channel. It would be interesting to see "The Show of Shows" on TCM. The program could be scheduled to run at 7:00 P.M. Eastern Time.

I was referring only to the 8 "Man From U.N.C.L.E." films that were theatrically released (it was these that were shown in a daytime marathon that you referred to), not to episodes of the 1964-68 TV series. I saw some of the movies when they were first released, and enjoyed them all.