Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Curious about wealth in Beverly Hills

According to published articles, especially from Forbes, Griffin who died in 2007 was worth approximately $1.2 Billion in 2003.

Hope did acquire many acres of land over the years, but according to some reports much of the land were canyonlands, not really meant for development. But the articles go on to say that at one time Hope was thought to have been worth around $200 million dollars. By the mid eighties he had already started to sell off some of the large amount of property he owned. It was estimated that he was worth in the neighborhood of $100 to 115 million at the time of his death in 2003.

Not that he couldn't have invested in real estate in Beverly Hills, but Bob Hope lived in the Toluca Lake area of the San Fernando Valley for most of his life. The family is still there.

Kyle In Hollywood

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}

> Not that he couldn't have invested in real estate in Beverly Hills, but Bob Hope lived in the Toluca Lake area of the San Fernando Valley for most of his life. The family is still there.

>

> Kyle In Hollywood

Years ago I was driving by a place in or near Burbank, and we drove several blocks with houses or stores on the left, and a tall solid wall on the right, with lots of trees, bushes, and vines on the other side and some vines growing over the wall.

I thought it was some kind of park and I asked the guy who was with me. He told me that was Bob Hope's place. I think it was all surrounded by a big wall and it was a very large estate.

http://wikimapia.org/1838834/Bob-Hope-Estate

http://www.forbes.com/2003/08/04/cz_pn_0804hopeedit.html

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> I don't believe very many other big-name Hollywood people lived in the same area as Hope. Correct?

I think that is correct.

I always assumed he could get more land for less money in that area, so his estate and land area would be large.

I think he also had some vacation homes in other places, such as Palm Springs, and maybe other states too.

Some people spend all their money on a big estate in Beverly Hills, then they can't afford other land and homes in other places.