Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Charlie Sheen to be new TCM Host

It's just been announced - Robert Osborne is retiring and passing the TCM hosting torch to none other than the notorious Charlie Sheen. Said Osborne, "I feel this will give the confused Mr. Sheen a new lease on life, settle him down. Once he starts hosting Turner Classic Movies, he'll become a new man."

The decision was reached quite suddenly, after Mr. Osborne decided he wanted to spend the rest of his golden years on a "spirit quest". "Who knows, I may even explore the treasures of the Sierra Madres", he was quoted as saying.

Charlie Sheen will take over Robert Osborne's duties on April 15, allowing himself some training time. "We want a smooth, winning, transition on this" his new agent stated.

Mr. Sheen has been quoted as saying that the first things he plans to do are fire Ben Mankiewicz and make Alec Baldwin his research assistant. Asked what will be the first classic movie he plans to introduce, Charlie Sheen replied, "Endless re-runs of Two and a Half Men. And tiger movies."

Edited by: misswonderly on Apr 1, 2011 9:29 AM

In a related story, it has been revealed that Charlie Sheen was the "brains' behind the new format of the TCM Message Boards. When asked for comment, Sheen replied "I'm good at trashing stuff."

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> I think you're mistaken. I've heard that they're holding the seat open for O.J. Simpson when he gets out of jail.

No, they are holding a different seat open for O.J.; one that is plugged in.

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote}

> Mr. Sheen has been quoted as saying that the first things he plans to do are fire Ben Mankiewicz and make Alec Baldwin his research assistant.

And with Alec Baldwin no longer co-hosting The Essentials, Mr. Sheen has selected Lindsay Lohan as the new co-host for The Essentials.

Robbie

The Sheenster here. Okay, classic movie fans, next up Casablanca. Yeah, white

house for you in the bio-rhythm unit. Supposed to be a pretty hot flick. Bogie,

he's like a amphibious rock star from Saturn, man. Tell ya one thing, he ain't

smoking what I am. Dude still cooks. Got this Swedish chick. Pretty hot,

wouldn't mind jumping her bones. The chick playing the guitar, yeah like to

get her too. The newlyweds. Not bad. Like to have a little threesome, if there's

time. Get the big fat dude in on that one. Things are starting to move at Casa

Charles in Charge. Okay. Time's about up. That's what happens when you sign

with an outfit that can't, can no way, appreciate the sheer astral boogie flaming

genius of one Charles Sheen the First. But, a gig's a gig. I'll be back tomorrow night

with some more intros. Hey, I just picked up these blonde twins down on the

Strip, and we'll be taking a whole new look at All This, and Heaven Too

tomorrow night. Later man.

*Jayo asked:*

*Am I the only one to see that this is an April Fools joke?*

I keep hoping that I'll wake up and discover that everything that's happened to this website ever since early last month was just an early April Fools joke.

What a hoot! This was almost as good as the one our city pulled today. Our mayors are sworn in April 1st and our latest took office today after at least 10 and probably 20 years trying to get there. He's a pretty decent guy-yes; he got my vote-so I hope this doesn?t turn into one of those "be careful what you wish for" things for him.

Seriously, RO is getting bashed on a Hot Topics thread for some gaffle again as well as defended by several of you in the business. I'm with them and hope he gets a chuckle out of this. As for Mr. Sheen, I hope he really does get it together someday soon.

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> In a related story, it has been revealed that Charlie Sheen was the "brains' behind the new format of the TCM Message Boards. When asked for comment, Sheen replied "I'm good at trashing stuff."

Even on April Fools Day I'd believe that one.