Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Russian Revolution Film

cattus

Saw a film on TCM a few years back, on a day when they also showed Dr. Zhivago. I can't find the name!

I didn't recognize any of the actors, it seemed as tho it might be a British film. It covered the story of the lead up to the October Revolution, Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, were all featured. It showed the living conditions of the peasants, camping in a large, cramped tent with wood stoves and open fires.

The film didn't seem to have a clear star, more of an ensemble piece, and didn't really show the royal family. It was mostly the behind the scenes wrangling for power in the Bolshevik uprising. Lots of activity between the leaders, the differences in their views, etc. How Lenin came to power and Trotsky fell to the wayside.

The film was very deliberately paced, but not over dramatized. Not much music, vividly staged and shot. The actor who played Lenin was an amazing look alike. It seemed to zoom in on the discontent of the average people, the goom of their lives, which fed the revolutionaries.

I've seen 'The Train', and 'Reds', but they are not the film in question. Any help on what film this is would be greatly appreciated.