Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VOTE here If you miss the Old TCM Website

Here's my vote.

I didn't use the old website a lot, mainly for the schedules, and a little research, but I was shocked when I popped on to get my next three months worth and, zipzing zowie, nothing was the same. Change is not always bad, but change merely for the sake of change is. There was really no reason that I can tell to make such drastic changes to the website. Please put it back.

Maybe if we send lots of letters and emails to Robert Osborn...

I'll vote because I liked the site the way it was. But the cynic in me is all too certain that these changes aren't supposed to be for our benefit.

My gut tells me TMC is preparing a format change, and step one is turning off the spiquot of information on the website so as to dishearten some who would be the loudest complainers.

• 2 weeks later...

This was once the best movie schedule on the web what ever possessed you people to change it is beyond everyone if you read your message board posts. If its a matter of saving money get rid of the guest programmers who cares what they think or like. If yo have to pay for the movies you show get rid of all the shows from 1970 up they aren't classic movies let AMC show them. And another thing I can only get eastern time schedule Do I also have to decode all the movie times. Just because the U.S. Government is stupid and goes against the peoples wishes do you have to copy them. Just like your movies Old is better then the new garbage crammed down our throats.

> {quote:title=Joepd wrote:}{quote} My gut tells me TMC is preparing a format change, and step one is turning off the spiquot of information on the website so as to dishearten some who would be the loudest complainers.

Not likely. If that were the case, they'd just shut the boards down. Nothing says they have to have a forum on their website. many networks don't.

> {quote:title=markfp2 wrote:}{quote}

>

> Not likely. If that were the case, they'd just shut the boards down. Nothing says they have to have a forum on their website. many networks don't.

>

You are of course right. There is no *law* that says that TCM must provide a method by which classic movie fans can communicate with one another about the failure of TCM to provide the *essential* tool (a month's schedule in the appropriate time zone and that does not require a mountain of paper to print!) for use by fans to plan their upcoming TV viewing.

So you believe that this absence of a legal command excuses TCM's *inexcusable* conduct?

To excuse these arrogant clowns from this mandate for an acceptable company conduct is incredibull!

And so am I

> {quote:title=incredibull wrote:}{quote} > So you believe that this absence of a legal command excuses TCM's *inexcusable* conduct?

Absolutely not and I'm not making any excuses for them. All I'm saying is that if they were really trying to stifle the complainers all they'd have to do is shut the boards.

> {quote:title=markfp2 wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=incredibull wrote:}{quote} > So you believe that this absence of a legal command excuses TCM's *inexcusable* conduct?

>

> Absolutely not and I'm not making any excuses for them. All I'm saying is that if they were really trying to stifle the complainers all they'd have to do is shut the boards.

But it would then be very obvious exactly why they were doing this and this would be very bad for the benevolent "image" which TCM mismanagement hopes to project. By stringing this thing out, bit by bit, and pretending that there are problems with this or that that cannot be fixed in a reasonable period of time, it is more difficult to point at these people and identify exactly what they are doing--assume that they even know what they are doing, which is debatable.

Hopefully, they think, people will lose interest. Now that I have focused in on this subject, witness the recent subtle shift from Renee's promises to a more vague "reminder" to somebody-or-another to do something or other, and her suggestion that an "update" might be forthcoming at some undisclosed time in the future. Note how these matters are gradually fading into the background while no on is looking. With this technique, there is no need for an abrupt shutdown of the boards to end all of these embarrassing issues, once and for all. Neat!!

incredibull

*Now that I have focused in on this subject, witness the recent subtle shift from Renee's promises to a more vague "reminder" to somebody-or-another to do something or other, and her suggestion that an "update" might be forthcoming at some undisclosed time in the future*

I hate to burst your bubble. Past experience with other issues with this board reveal that this "recent subtle shift" by Renee is nothing new. It's how Renee deals with problems here at TCM City.

I am taking a wild guess but I think this "upgrade" was out of TCM's hands and was initiated by Time Warner. If you notice Renee can only send reminders once a week, so the webmasters are probably in the corporate offices somewhere that have little interest in classic movies doing this. I am guessing the entire idea of this was to boost DVD sales, but the new format was done badly.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Time Warner gave the webmasters a time limit on working this job, and they have moved on to the next Time Warner project since this one has been "completed" already.

There is no going back because they is no time to go back, this is what we have. I have adjusted to this by using a scheduler that picks off the TV listings real time and i set my schedule by that. This doesn't help all the people that use the daily or weekly stuff, I have even gotten the daily schedule in Chinese and French through some bizarre database issue.

The good news is the movies are still the same, they can't reshoot those, haha.

Well They'll stone ya and say your a mental patient; They'll stone ya and then thank you for your patience. They'll stone when your schedules three hours behind; They'll stone you and stick it in your behind... . But I would not fell so all alone Everybody must get stoned....

Well They'll stone ya when you want the old schedule; They'll stone ya when your young and able.

They'll stone ya when you want to take a vote; They'll stone ya and just say no vote. But I would not fell so all alone Everybody must get stoned....

Well They'll stone ya when you want a yes or no; They'll stone ya and just say they don't know.

They'll stone ya when you want to suggest a movie; They'll stone ya and then say that there too busy..... But I would not fell so all alone Everybody must get stoned....

Well They'll stone ya when you're at the breakfast table; They'll stone ya when you want to watch your cable. They'll stone ya when your frame freezes up; They'll stone ya and then say good luck...But I would not fell so all alone Everybody must get stoned....

Well They'll stone ya when you try to read your mail; They'll stone ya when you're transmission fails. Well They'll stone ya and say that it's the end; They'll stone ya and they'll come back again...But I would not fell so all alone Everybody must get stoned....

JimmyDee, I agree with you so-o much on so-o many levels! I don't know why TCM thought it would be better to upgrade in such a fashion as to eliminate the ability to go backwards to a prior month schedule if a viewer chooses! I'm so **** right now because TCM hasn't sent my March 2011 movie schedule to my email for the entire 3 months I've been asking. Yes, March has now passed but I've made it clear to them I want it anyway because I'm a collector. They've ruined my system of doing things with March missing from my emails! I've had to visit "Contact Us" several times now on this matter! I hate this new system of theirs! It's even colder than before!

• 3 weeks later...

I used the old website for schedule and research and I'm devastated that they changed something that worked well before. Times are not even listed on my schedule and I have to keep checking the guide to see when my favorite movies might come on, which is ridiculous. Also, I cannot view month by month, only day by day, which, although that technique might have been good in Godspell, it's not in the least bit functional to me here.

I just found this message board yesterday, had no idea that the reason I couldn't print the monthly schedule ahead of time was due to a "technical" issue.

And I thought I was the only one that missed the site before it's DOWNgrade. Why do people insist on improving what doesn't need improving, it is beyond me. I can no longer plan ahead for the movies I want to watch, especially for the first day of each month. I will now miss any movie that is on the first day of the month. Before, I could print out 2 months, read the guide and mark each movie I wanted to see. Then I would mark my Outlook calendar the day before so I could set my DVR to record them while I'm at work.

PLEASE GIVE US THE OPTION TO PRINT THE SCHEDULE AHEAD OF TIME!

*I want to thank everyone for the responses. At this point I realize TCM will no longer allow us to suggest movies and the old website is history.*

*I have found that I no longer watch this channel that I once loved so much. The same movies now seem to be aired over and over, even though they are wonderful....I loved the fact that TCM cared about what we wanted to see, allowed us to ask for those hard to find movies and aired those movies whenever possible. It gave us a chance to see movies nobody else aired that have never been released on DVD.*

*I now attempt to find movies people have recorded over the years and sell because it's the only way I'll ever see them. The problem is most have not been recorded so they are just lost to us.*

*It makes me so sad that TCM made this change, I felt they were the one channel that truly cared about their loyal fans.*

*Anyway....Thank you all for the feedback and God Bless.*

>I want to thank everyone for the responses. At this point I realize TCM will no longer allow us to suggest movies and the old website is history.

Patti,

I don't know if you saw the info but the WebAdmin has said that "Suggest a Movie" will return.

They are retooling that feature due to the frequency of spammers and other troublemakers to disrupt that particular site.

But, it is not gone forever and should be returning sometime this month according to the information posted by the WebAdmin.