Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Harness my Zebras!"

JackBurley

I just took a course in hitchhiking from Ellie Andrews and now I'm going to try to put it use on Thursday April 28. You see, that's the day I fly into LAX, en route to the TCM Film Festival. Anyone else arriving at LAX around 12:30pm? Want to share a taxi? Doesn't have to be Norma Desmond's Isotta-Fraschini, but I don't want to take Vera's Detour either. Let me know if it sounds handy. Ben-Hur's chariot awaits!

• 2 weeks later...

The Film Festival posted this on their FAQ page:

{quote:title=TCM Film Festival wrote:}"*How do you recommend I get from the airport to the Festival?*

If you don't plan on renting a car, we recommend you take a cab, shuttle or private car service.

Cab fare is approximately $45-$75 from LAX. Normally, the travel time to the Hollywood and Highland area is approximately 45 minutes, but depending on traffic conditions, it could take much longer.

Shuttle services are also available and typically cost $20 or less. However, travel by shuttle can be significantly longer than when travelling by taxi. Many of these shuttle services accept, but often don't require, advance reservations. We recommend that you contact your hotel to see which shuttle service they recommend.

Private car services are also available, but will typically cost over $100. If you'd like to hire a private car service, we recommend you contact your hotel to see which service they recommend."{quote}

That said, I'm still willing to share a taxi, if anyone would like to ride from LAX to the Festival at the price of a shuttle, yet with the speed of the cab. Heck, I'd even share a towncar, if you'd prefer to go in "style".