Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No Producer credited question

Sahav

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but if neither the TCM board or IMDB or the film itself shows credit for any producer, it is simply uncredited and lost to history or did the studio itself produce the film. The question came up while watching Band of Angels 1957.

> {quote:title=Sahav wrote:}{quote}

> I know this may sound like a stupid question, but if neither the TCM board or IMDB or the film itself shows credit for any producer, it is simply uncredited and lost to history or did the studio itself produce the film. The question came up while watching Band of Angels 1957.

Even films produced by studios have a producer and that producer would normally receive an on-screen credit. Most credits are a requirement of either the producer's employment agreement with the studio or a collective bargaining agreement if that person was represented by a union. In the film business, credits are considered an important part of a compensation package.

While I don't know about BAND OF ANGELS, there have been times where writers, directors or actors have requested not to have a credit because, for whatever reason, they didn't want their name associated with a film. That could be the case here with the producer, but I don't know. Perhaps, somebody else will be able to tell you more.

Thanks, funny though, it takes a site like that to give information on the producer as opposed to the sites you would think that would have "complete" information. But what does someone like me know any how?