Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mutti9

Home Before Dark

I've wanted TCM to play this movie for years, and when it did I missed it. Does anyone know if it's scheduled again anytime? Was it ever released on videotape? If it was I'd like to buy a copy. This is a great movie with fantastic acting, and for some reason it's almost unheard of, and it's rare for it to be shown on tv even though Jean Simmons won an award for it, so I'm obviously really upset about missing it. Any help on this subject would be appreciated. .

I didn't look to see if it's scheduled in the next couple of months, but since TCM rarely shows films just once, I'd say the odds are very good that it will turn up again. Might not be right away, so just keep watching the schedules.

Would you settle for North By Northwest instead? This is a real rarity around here and I suggest it as a substitute.

musikone

HOME BEFORE DARK is scheduled to air again in June when Jean Simmons is Star of the Month.

You can search the site (upper right corner) to find out if a film is running again in the next couple months.

> {quote:title=mutti9 wrote:}{quote}

> I've wanted TCM to play this movie for years, and when it did I missed it. Does anyone know if it's scheduled again anytime? Was it ever released on videotape? If it was I'd like to buy a copy. This is a great movie with fantastic acting, and for some reason it's almost unheard of, and it's rare for it to be shown on tv even though Jean Simmons won an award for it, so I'm obviously really upset about missing it. Any help on this subject would be appreciated. .

Specifically, it will air on Tuesday, June 28, 2011, at 8 p.m. I wanted to see this today as well and missed it, so I searched the upcoming text schedules and found it. It's gotten lots of good reviews in the TCM database...many people have been asking for it. The good thing is, when it airs next time, we will get Robert Osborne's commentary with it as well! Now, if I can remember the new way to get to the reminder feature to set a reminder...

Robbie

I half watched it since it was recording. I was amazed to see exterior shots of Marblehead Mass, the small settlement where my brother resides. I spend a week visiting him every year & walk my dog up and down the narrow streets so I'm familiar with all the houses.

Look for the scene containing the "Corner House" on Crocket St. A big chunk of the first floor corner has been removed with the second floor corner still sticking out. Too many cars hit that corner going up & down the narrow streets, so they removed it!

I'll have my picture taken under the "corner" next autumn since it's a movie location where Jean Simmons stood!

I was home sick, so I was able to watch it. I remember watching it years ago but couldnt remember much about it except for when Jean dresses up in her big "scene". Good movie and another winning performance from Jean (too bad she was stuck wearing that godawful wig for most of the movie) Happy to hear she'll be SOTM soon. Long overdue!

> {quote:title=TikiSoo wrote:}{quote}

> I half watched it since it was recording. I was amazed to see exterior shots of Marblehead Mass....

>

Hello Soo;

Yes, I also enjoyed seeing the local (for me) Massachusetts locations.

Seems like forever since I've had the privilege of seeing this movie. Thank you TCM! I must admit tho I get the title mixed up with The Dark at the Top of the Stairs.