Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

July brings B-Westerns to the TCM Schedule

lzcutter

Well Dale, that's mighty welcome news. So pull up your saddle in front of the campfire, grab a plate of beans, turn on the big screen TV, open a nice bottle of Beaujolais or Chenin blanc { Hey, there's roughing it and then there's roughing it } or a cold brew and a shot of redeye and enjoy those hero's of yesteryear...

Happy Trails ....

Roy

Edited by: fredbaetz on Apr 16, 2011 2:49 AM

My dad talks about being a kid going to the movies for 9 cents and sitting all day watching these westerns. A chance to see names I've heard about it is great thing.

A couple of weeks ago I watched Sunset Carson. His only talents, as far as I could see, were that he could ride a horse and was tall. He sure couldn't act. Bob Steele was in the movie and he saved it from being worse than it was.

*Well Dale, that's mighty welcome news. So pull up your saddle in front of the campfire, grab a plate of beans, turn on the big screen TV, open a nice bottle of Beaujolais or Chenin blanc { Hey, there's roughing it and then there's roughing it } or a cold brew and a shot of redeye and enjoy those hero's of yesteryear...*

Roy,

You know me too well! I can't wait for July! I finally got through all the B-westerns I tivo'd starring George O'Brien, Harry Carey and Tim Holt. I really enjoyed them and can't wait to see more. I really like Johnny Mack Brown.

Was it the Statler Brothers who had a big hit with a song about Randolph (cue chorus) Scott and other stars of B-westerns?

MsG,

When the poster found the July schedule a few days ago and posted the link, the schedule was incomplete. Once it got filled in though, it is grand!

Dale',

You're thinking of their hit "Whatever Happened to Randolph Scott". Also along the same lines they did: "Do You Remember These", "Child of the 50's" and "The Movies". Just Google them and go to their songs and listen to these and more....Have fun, Roy