Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Maureen O'Hara

borninchico

> {quote:title=borninchico wrote:}{quote}

> I would like to know why Maureen O'Hara hasn't been given a Lifetime Achievement ward for all her great work? If anyone deserves it, it's her.

From what I understand, she turned AFI down the same way she's turned TCM down to do a Private Screening interview. Of course, she's 91 and does live in Ireland so that might have something to do with.

Still, I'll bet that Robert O. and the TCM crew would be glad to fly over there. I could just see it now doing the interview in the re-creation of Pat Cohan's bar that's in the center of the village of Cong where much of THE QUIET MAN was filmed.

By the way, she's the cover story in the current issue of Ireland of The Welcomes magazine which can be found in stores that carry a wide variety of publications.

And for those who don't know, here's her "official" website [moharamagazine.com]

Edited by: markfp2 on Apr 17, 2011 8:00 PM

I join the long line of Maureen O'Hara fans. She was so great in everything she did. And I loved her singing voice. I recently saw "Only the Lonely", which was her last feature film. She once said that she imagined her character as the same person she played in "The Quiet Man" in her later years. I think that's a great idea for RO to fly over to Ireland to do an interview with her. I didn't know that she is living there now. I remember for a while she lived in some island in the Caribbean with her husband. I guess after his death she returned to her native roots. I really miss her.

Terrence.