Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

funny thing happened on turkey day

loliteblue

I thought this might be fun to do lolite

One year i was invited to friends couldn't get home for thanksgiving well i went to the wrong friends for dinner

they were most gracious set an extra plate was wondering

why they gave me astrange looks all day was my clothing

on wrong did i have food on my teeth. The next day the

real people who invited me asks me why? didn't i come

for dinner Boy did i realize fast what the funny looks were about from then on i always confirm dinner engagements lolite

I went to a my best friend's brother's house for a late afternoon/early evening T-giving dinner. When I got there my friend and her sis-n-law were dying laughing as they stared at the cornbread dressing. It had a big divot in it. I asked what happened--the dog was chasing the cat through the house and the cat jumped into the dressing. We just cut that part out and ate the rest. I thought that was pretty funny.

Joann, your story totally cracked me up! That's the kind of thing that it would be quite common for me to do, but I have the excuse of being "elderly" and feeble-minded much of the time, sweetie!

Hey...I wanted to send you a Thanksgiving e-mail greeting but don't have your e-mail address, and you don't have it available here. We need to figure out how to resolve this problem pronto, little sis! I'm going to suggest that you look up Kenwal's address here at this site, and contact him, and he will have my permission to give you mine. Or Moviejoe could also do this for you. :)ML

Every thanksgiving I usually have two different get togethers, one on one side of the family and the other, on the other side.

Two of my cousins have birthdays near thanksgiving so we celebrate their bithdays then aswell.

As usuall I was running late and I had just wrapped both gifts and I grabbed one (the one I thought was my 20 year old cousins gift.)

When I got there I gave it to her and every one was around watching her open gifts and it was quite embarassing when she opened mine and it was not her gift but my 7 year old cousins from my other side of the family and it was a power ranger action figure. It took a bit of explaining for her to realize that I had not intended to give her a power ranger. :)

-phoebe

P.S. lolite ur story was hillarious!

I told this story before (probably last year) but there are several new people here I thought I would repeat it.

A few years back we had are feast all laid out on the table and waiting for family to show up. Well with all we had to do we never paid much attention to our little four legged family member - the dog. I had only left the dinning area for just second when a came back and froze in my tracks. There in the middle of the dinningroom table was the dog. He look at me I looked at him. He with a mouth full of ham and me in disbielf

Oops push the wrong button. wanted to push spell check

I told this story before (probably last year) but there are several new people here I thought I would repeat it.

A few years back we had are feast all laid out on the table and waiting for family to show up. Well with all we had to do we never paid much attention to our little four legged family member - the dog. I had only left the dinning area for just second when a came back and froze in my tracks. There in the middle of the dinning room table was the dog. He look at me I looked at him. He with a mouth full of ham and me in disbelief. Though it was just split second it felt like we were starring at each other for a good minute. I just started cracking up at his "Oh $hit" look on his face. I just cut of that end of the ham and said nothing. It was our little secret.

HA HA HA HA loved those stories well my oldest son cooked the turkey and the breast cooked but not the legs so we carved the breast and put it back in the oven to cook. While we were saying what we were thankful for my son interrupted me saying well everyone who is thankful for the food may want to take that back the legs aren't done. He made candied yams and mashed potatoes as well. The Hawaiin Pie my youngest son made was delicious. Yummy!