Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Laugh-O-grams

lzcutter

LaughOGramsTitleFrame.jpg

presented by The Walt Disney Family Museum and the Museum of Modern Art

Disney author and historian, JB Kaufman will be introducing Walt Disney's earliest known animated cartoons the *Laugh-O-grams* (including the recently discovered and restored "lost" ones) next Thursday evening at 6:00 pm in the Chinese Multiplex #4 theater.

As part of our participation in the Festival, the Walt Disney Family Museum asked JB to write a short article for our blog, Storyboard on the *grams* and why he is so excited to have this wonderful opportunity:

http://wdfmuseum.squarespace.com/posts/2011/4/18/on-the-big-screen-the-laugh-o-grams.html

The *Laugh-O-grams* screen again on the last day of the Festival, Sunday late afternoon at 5:45 as well.

Pianist Ben Model will provide the live music!

We hope to see you there!

I found out earlier today that the uncut version of *Puss In Boots* will screen with the homage to Rudy Valentino, or as he is called in this *Laugh-O-gram*, Rudy Vaselino.

If you haven't seen the uncut version of *Boots* or any of the *grams*, you are in for a treat!

Should be fun!

Edited by: lzcutter for more info

This was one program I wanted to catch, but why, oh why did they have to schedule it at the same time as the welcome party? Would need to leave the party after just getting there in order to queue up for the show. And just my luck, the repeat showing is Sunday evening when I have to leave for the airport. Well I guess I'm outta luck and will need to just settle on the Silly Symphonies.

*This was one program I wanted to catch, but why, oh why did they have to schedule it at the same time as the welcome party? Would need to leave the party after just getting there in order to queue up for the show*

Jezzy,

Those going to the Gala screening of *American in Paris* have the same problem. Last year, the official TCM Meet and Greet party began clearing out by 5:30 as passholders, TCM Staff and many who just wanted to witness the red carpet left to go across the street to the Chinese.

That doesn't mean that we can't return to Club TCM after the *Laugh-O-grams* and continue the party. I suspect that many at the *grams* may be up for that.

Any chance you can join us at In-N-Out? That will be another way to connect with people at the Festival as well.

No reason to miss the *grams*, we can continue the party after the screening!