Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Footsteps in the Dark opening song

JTH772

Hello Everyone!

I'm hoping someone can help me. I really like the opening song, playing during the credits, of the Errol Flynn movie "Footsteps in the Dark." It's really unusual and interesting. I've gone to IMDB, and it doesn't seem like the songs listed there include the one I'm looking for. This movie is from 1941; how does one find a song from that long ago? I'd really appreciate any help. Thank you!

Best,

JT

> {quote:title=JTH772 wrote:}{quote}

> Hello Everyone!

>

> I'm hoping someone can help me. I really like the opening song, playing during the credits, of the Errol Flynn movie "Footsteps in the Dark." It's really unusual and interesting. I've gone to IMDB, and it doesn't seem like the songs listed there include the one I'm looking for. This movie is from 1941; how does one find a song from that long ago? I'd really appreciate any help. Thank you!

>

> Best,

> JT

>

According to the Warner Bros. Music Cue Sheet for the movie (dated Feb. 21. 1941) the tune played over the opening credits is called "Footsteps" (composed by Frederick Hollander, who composed most of the rest of the score for the movie). The tune is played several times during the movie (in fact, a total of 13 times according to the cue sheet) but never as a vocal song performance. So it appears to be something written as incidental music just for this movie, and I doubt you're going to find a recording of it anywhere else.