Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does Anyone Remember this movie - Any help appreciated

t88159

It would have been in late 50's , I saw this movie on TV, I believe it was in color. All I can remember about the movie is 2 little boys sitting on a hilltop in Scotland with a baby between them. One little boy says What are we going to do about the baby?

I think Greer Garson was in this but not 100% sure, she was my sister's favorite actress. Thank you for any help anyone can give me.

Dear t88159 , for a start, please change your username. Numbers are so impersonal, not warm and fuzzy like a real username.

Your enquiry stirred some vague memory in the junk-attic of my brain of the scene you describe. I think the film is 'The Kidnappers' or 'The Little Kidnappers'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046006/

You had a color T.V. in the 1950's? Wow, you must have been rich. We were poor folks and had to make do with glorious monochrome until about 1970.

Best wishes

Metairie Road

The film you're talking about is "The Little Kidnappers," and you can look it up on IMDB. It's very hard to find. I bought a copy from one of these Internet outfits and was terribly disappointed by the extremely poor quality. I have loved this film since childhood and was willing to pay a lot ($50). The DVD was blurry and shaky and looked like a kinescope, but I did enjoy it because it matched the memory I've carried in my mind for 50 years. Truly a delightful film with wonderful performances which are touching but never maudlin.

As alluded to by mmcvey, you might be able to find a bad DVD copy by doing some deep internet searching - try E-Bay.

It's probably in some public domain limbo which accounts for the poor quality DVD put out by some fly-by-night DVD company that specializes in ripping obscure public domain titles and selling them for a buck.

If you're interested, you can watch the 1990 made-for-TV version with Charlton Heston, here -

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/The-Little-Kidnappers/47736/1581588312/The-Little-Kidnappers/videos

I know it's no substitute for the original 1953 version, but It's free (with commercial interuptions). And Nova Scotia sure looks pretty.

Best wishes

Metairie Road

Edited by: Metry Road on Apr 23, 2011 11:28 AM

• 2 weeks later...