Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The King's Speech DVD question

LonesomePolecat

NOWHERE can I find the ruddy answer to this question, so I thought I'd turn to my amazing TCM Forum Members.

Someone who owns it or has rented it please tell me: Does the DVD of The King's Speech include the PG-13 version or not? As a teacher in Conservative Land, the R rated version would be a useless investment, so I really need to know.

Thanks!

(meanwhile, feel free to discuss the film)

I was reading some things online and I believe not. However, maybe there will be a version coming. Though, to offer a censored version over something that is actually an important part of the story makes me really mad. F**K F**K F**K F**K

; )

Amazon is selling the original R rated version of this excellent film. There was pg-13 theatrical release so I imagine that version will be available on DVD also. The R-rated language is essential to the story which is very inspirational- yes sometimes there is good point to cursing.

The PG-13 version is still being assembled by the Weinstein Company.

And it's quite unfortunate that the integrity of this drama -- and of you as a teacher -- is being dictated and undermined by the socially backward mores of the region in which you live, and craven politicians who exploit it to further their personal ambitions.

1968B2, I think he knows that. But he is looking for a non-swearing version, which has not come out yet.

By the way, The King's Speech also came out on Blu-ray on the 18th, and a lot of stores are issuing a $5 gift card with the purchase. Target does, as does Best Buy. Costco automatically takes $5 off the price. The best of the bunch is Best Buy who is selling it for $19.95 and gives you a $5 BB gift card, so in a way you are actually paying only $14.95.

As a teacher in Conservative Land, the R rated version would be a useless investment,

Oh, how sad.

But hey, I bet they let loose with a string of expletives on the bus ride home, dontcha know.

So sad, cutting out the heart of a movie to appease middle America.

And so it goes.

Just saw the film tonight and it was outstanding. As for the language, it's very important to the character and the story and from what I understand historically accurate.

I had to laugh, as we were coming up the aisle after the movie, a man in front of us, who was obviously dragged there by his wife, was complaining that they should have had American actors dub in the voices because the the cast sounded "too British". Da!