Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two Rare Olive Thomas Films Newly Restored!

gagman66

:) Breaking news from our pal *Elif* at the *Nederlands EYE Film Institute.* Two long lost *Olive Thomas* feature films from 1919, each of them discovered about 7 or 8 years ago, have finally been restored! What's more they are apparently peddling these around to DVD labels, trying to find a distributor as we speak.

This organization is doing some great work restoring not only Olive's movies, but some Constance Talmadge features as well. Restoration of her 1922 feature *EAST IS WEST* was either just finished, or is nearing completion as we speak.

Here is the notice posted just this morning concerning the Olive Thomas titles:

*"We (at EYE film Institute Nederland, former Nederlands Film Museum) have found and restored both OUT YONDER and GLORIOUS LADY starring the lovely Olive Thomas. These films are now available for screening in FIAF member archives or otherwise archival-friendly equipped theaters. We are also open to any DVD or broadcasting ideas...*

*Elif-Co-Proprietor"*

Speaking of Olive Thomas I wish that the Milestone collection would re-release more copies of Olive Thomas "The Flapper" and the documentary about her. This DVD has been out of print for awhile and the "scalpers" on amazon.com and other sites are charging $110.00 for a new DVD and over $93.00 for a used one. I should have bought it when they were charging $26.00.

midnight08,

I have multiple copies of *"The Olive Thomas Collection"*. But it is far from a collection. Only one film and a Documentary.Send me a PM. Denis Doros inferred that Milestone would be re-releasing this at some point. Who knows how long that might be? Still waiting for the same three Pickford titles we first heard about at least 3 years ago.